1969 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
This was a Factory AC car, still has the vents inside, however the Compressor has been removed. Put a compressor back in and and the AC will be blowing like it used to :).

I had the carb rebuilt about 3 weeks ago and am putting on new header gaskets tonight after I drive it home from work.

Also, just lowered the asking price to $15,000

This is not a show car, the paint does have several imperfections. I made it my quest to focus on the "heart" of the car before working on anything superficial. Hence, all of my time and attention on this car have gone into the drivetrain, suspension, ignition, fuel system, steering, etc. (see above for list). If you only looking for a car that will look pretty on your curb, and you don't care about how (or if) it drives, you can find cheaper cars elsewhere. This car has power, speed and is reliable. This car has been reliable enough to be my daily driver (and only car) for the past 2 and a half years. Serious inquiries only. Please note the adjusted price of $15,000.

Also, for the person who asked, the rear end is 8 3/4.

Any pics of the propane tank set-up? How big is the tank? How many miles can you drive on a full propane tank?

How about sheet metal on this car? All original, patches, panels replaced, floors, any rust?

My sources say that there were 1475 total of which only 200 were /6. Doesn't say how many were 318, 340 or 383. The M code Cuda wasn't optioned as a convertible.

I'd love to know how many /6's survived without getting an 8 dropped in. I'll bet there are less than 50 on the road today.

I'd love to know how many /6's survived without getting an 8 dropped in. I'll bet there are less than 50 on the road today.

The guy I sold mine to is putting an injected 360 in it. He's also putting 'vette suspension it it front and rear. :wack:
Dallas

I own one of those you talk about. It has a 360/904 and will soon get the 383/727 combo with hood scoops and stripes.:toothy8:
I was thinking of going for a hemi 6 but thought the big block would look better.

I own one of those you talk about. It has a 360/904 and will soon get the 383/727 combo with hood scoops and stripes.:toothy8:
I was thinking of going for a hemi 6 but thought the big block would look better.

What the heck is a hemi 6?
Never heard of it.

I have an original slant 6 69 barracuda convert...it is my wifes daily driver...I drive on occasion as well.....we have considered putting an. 8 in, but it just runs so darn well. And gets 24 MPG.......2.92 open rear 8.75 rear....does fine around town and will cruise 80 MPH all day long....with after market AC.... just a great car the way it is.....can't get myself to change it! :)

I have an original slant 6 69 barracuda convert...it is my wifes daily driver...I drive on occasion as well.....we have considered putting an. 8 in, but it just runs so darn well. And gets 24 MPG.......2.92 open rear 8.75 rear....does fine around town and will cruise 80 MPH all day long....with after market AC.... just. Great car.....

Let's see a picture!!

i added power brakes since this pic was taken

Let's see a picture!!

CudaAdd006.jpg
CudaAdd011.jpg
CudaAdd001.jpg

btw - i flew across the country last week to go look at the black one that is for sale here in this thread (to purchase)....and all i can say is....make sure you go see it in person before purchasing... the pics online do not tell the story...

This is not a show car, the paint does have several imperfections. I made it my quest to focus on the "heart" of the car before working on anything superficial. Hence, all of my time and attention on this car have gone into the drivetrain, suspension, ignition, fuel system, steering, etc. (see above for list). If you only looking for a car that will look pretty on your curb, and you don't care about how (or if) it drives, you can find cheaper cars elsewhere. This car has power, speed and is reliable. This car has been reliable enough to be my daily driver (and only car) for the past 2 and a half years. Serious inquiries only. Please note the adjusted price of $15,000.

Also, for the person who asked, the rear end is 8 3/4.

Kinda wish I had that luxury when I bought mine. I just gotta work with what I got. I think I still got what I paid for though. Ya gotta make sure you do the same.

Beautiful!
Has the /6 been rebuilt?

no it is a survivor... i got it with about 48k original miles on it...although one can never be completely certain....my wife drives it everyday, so maybe she has about 52k on it now...

the person before me converted it to a "super six" with a whoppin 2 bbl carb! lol....

actually it drives really great....if i could have anything on the car, i would change the rear gears to a 4.10 or something like that and have a 4th gear od for the highway.... but like i said....it is really hard to do anything the this car... it is just great the way it is...and why mess with something so good!

it could use a paint job one of these days....but i knida like the faded and cracking... reminds me of an old guitar...with all of that soul...

i love that when i drive it, people all around me smile....including me...

no it is a survivor... i got it with about 48k original miles on it...although one can never be completely certain....my wife drives it everyday, so maybe she has about 52k on it now...

the person before me converted it to a "super six" with a whoppin 2 bbl carb! lol....

actually it drives really great....if i could have anything on the car, i would change the rear gears to a 4.10 or something like that and have a 4th gear od for the highway.... but like i said....it is really hard to do anything the this car... it is just great the way it is...and why mess with something so good!

it could use a paint job one of these days....but i knida like the faded and cracking... reminds me of an old guitar...with all of that soul...

i love that when i drive it, people all around me smile....including me...

I had planned to drop a 340 into mine when I first bought it but have grown to enjoy the /6. Like you, I'm considering dropping a 4 speed auto into it for better highway driving and better gas mileage. Other than that the interior is shot so that will be this summer's project.

This is a 69 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible (only 750 made).

Wow, is that true? Maybe I should have keep my 69 formula S convert, I never realized there were that few made. Nice car, good luck with the sale!

Was yours a 340 or 383 ?
My 69 340 S convert is 1 of 83.

You know, his price isn't half bad, when you consider I was just quoted 13k just for body and paint for my '69 'vert.

If he wasn't in kalifornia, (which is quite a haul from STL), he might have a sale.

You know, his price isn't half bad, when you consider I was just quoted 13k just for body and paint for my '69 'vert.

If he wasn't in kalifornia, (which is quite a haul from STL), he might have a sale.

Did you read this thread?

btw - i flew across the country last week to go look at the black one that is for sale here in this thread (to purchase)....and all i can say is....make sure you go see it in person before purchasing... the pics online do not tell the story...

I wonder if david got a bunch of more detailed pictures before he flew out. If not lesson learned.

Look at the photography starburst "effect" on the pictures.

I've seen this car in person. It's not close to appearing exterior wise to the pictures posted.

Did anyone notice the propane fuel line routed into the hood hinge opening/pinch point?

Not to be contrarian, but poor engineering is more easily corrected than major rust repair.

You can correct poor hose routing. Welding in all the year one metal I have requires that I have a non-moveable basket case for a few months at best.

The car looks solid.

That is something you can fix on the fly.

Is it, really? I thought I had seen this car before. The car has been for sale since 2008 or so, and that alone should make you ask, "Why?". It is not as rust free and as straight as those doctored pics would lead you to believe. The original owner would have been better off leaving it as original as possible and selling it to a talented bodyman, as it did have quite few options. His efforts have not added value to the car, IMHO.

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php
Check the plate number

The car took a hit in the rear and likely one in the front (that bumper was twisted up as well, good on him for replacing them). There is a light ding on above the driver's front tire. Notice the rust holes the drivers and passenger's side beneath the rear windows (not suprising), as well as the rear quarters (again nothing shocking here), but it does make you ask if and how they were repaired.

Does that twisted right rear tailight indicate a laser straight car? Even on one of his doctored pics the hood alignment looks boogered. On the interior, he replaced the dash bezel and added some crazy gauge pod by the kick panel to monitor the propane system.

Bottom line, those original photos taken in the SoCal sun are hiding quite a bit. Oh, did I mention that the owner is a photographer/producer by trade? At $15k, there are better deals out there. An example would be BB Dave's A56 FB 4speed for one. You would wind up with a better car all the way around and still have $$ leftover. Cruise craigslist a little bit if you are looking for a convertible, decent ones show up more frequently than you would expect. Your $15k would be better spent elsewhere. If you still want to pursue it, I have his e-mail. Feel free to PM me.

I have found that if it looks bad in pictures, it will look worse in person.

Is it, really? The car has been for sale since 2008 or so, and that alone should make you ask, "Why?". It is not as rust free and as straight as those doctored pics would lead you to believe. The original owner would have been better off leaving it as original as possible and selling it to a talented bodyman, as it did have quite few options. His efforts have not added value to the car, IMHO.

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php
Check the plate number

The car took a hit in the rear and likely one in the front (that bumper was twisted up as well. There is a light ding on above the driver's front tire. Notice the rust holes the drivers and passenger's side beneath the rear windows (not suprising), as well as the rear quarters (again nothing shocking here), but it does make you ask if and how they were repaired.

Does that twisted right rear tailight indicate a laser straight car? Even on one of his doctored pics the hood alignment looks boogered. On the interior, he replaced the dash bezel and added some crazy gauge pod by the kick panel to monitor the propane system.

Bottom line, those original photos taken in the SoCal sun are hiding quite a bit. Oh, did I mention that the owner is a phtographer by trade? At $15k, there are better deals out there. An example would be BB Dave's A56 FB 4speed for one. Cruise craigslist a little bit if you are looking for a convertible. Your $15k would be better spent. If you still want to pursue it, I have his e-mail. Feel free to PM me.

69CudaFan, have you seen the car in person now or when it was in the state of the pictures you posted above.

I saw it a year ago. WOW!

Everything is crooked on it. Bondo all over it.

I don't think it's right to comment on a For Sale ad per se. But when a member flies from Florida to LA after it's been misrepresented. I'm sorry.

I feel for the owner. I'm sure he has spent a lot of money having other various people do repairs and mods to the car. New top, new dash bezel, 8 3/4 rear, steering box, distributor...

But there more to a car than just those items. And how those parts work and installed with the rest of the car is important and has value.

I've seen it up close and on the freeway also...

Attachments

• PICT0001 (3)Sm.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 838
  • PICT0002Sm.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 819
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back