1969 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Steve,

I never even bothered to look at the car in person after my initial contact with the seller. It was way too fishy.

When I got to SoCal from Hawaii in 2008 I stumbled across this car and contacted the owner who sent me a bunch of pictures of the car and threw a number at me and touted it as "all original, unmolested CA car". The pictures by themselves were a severe disconnect from what the car actually was, and call me crazy, but I believe in truth in advertising.

This was way before all of the modifications had been made to how the car sits currently. After he sent me a lot of pics, I could tell that he priced his car way above what it was worth based upon everything the car needed, and that he was not telling the whole story with respect to the car. I passed soley on the pictures compared with the description.

While I agree that it seems like since then he has tried to perform some modifications to the car and has invested time and $$, I feel that he did not have a definite direction or endstate for the car, and the price of the car has only gone up as things have been changed. The $$ has not been spent on the right things or the right places. Not slamming the guy for trying to sell, or for investing in his 69 Vert, but the worst thing people could do is buy this car based on the pics posted by the seller at the start of this thread, or spend $$ on a plane ticket, only to be disappointed when they find out the truth.

I just wanted to pull back the curtain a bit on what I felt was a disingenuous representation in the hopes of making a buck or at least getting your investment back...like I said, if someone is still interested, I have no issue passing his e-mail info along and you can contact him.

Steve,
...snip...
I just wanted to pull back the curtain a bit on what I felt was a disingenuous representation in the hopes of making a buck or at least getting your investment back...like I said, if someone is still interested, I have no issue passing his e-mail info along and you can contact him.

Same here.

I didn't realize that the "before" pictures have the same owner as now. Wow.

So he's sort of been continously trying to sell it since 2008, all the while doing all this "work" to it?

It hasn't been a continuous attempt to sell, but it has been on craigslist since then multiple times since I first contacted him. This car should be named "Bad Penny" because it keeps turning up.

I'm 98% certain it is still the same owner after all of this time. Perhaps the OP will come on here and address this thread and provide more details or other pictures of the car, but since all his posts have come in this thread, I am not sure that will happen.

I had a 69 Barracuda Convertible a few years ago. The build date was 707 (July 7th, 1969). This car was really close or even the last A-body convertible made.

Don

Hey Guys, I am the original poster. I had no idea that this thread was still alive. Here's how the story panned out in case you were interested. I purchased this car in November 2009 (from the photographer/producer mentioned above) and owned the car for 2.5 years before selling it in February 2012. In March of 2012 I bought a car that is more reliable as a daily driver. I purchased the car for $17k, put lots of money and time into it and ended up selling it for about $12k. Before selling the car I was completely upfront with the buyer regarding everything that did and did not work regarding the car, and we have been able to keep in touch since then. Both the car's new owner, as well as myself and the car's 2 previous owners all reside in the Los Angeles area. When I owned this car it was an only car and a daily driver (I have only 1 parking space). The current owner has the luxury of another car that he can use while he rebuilds this one the right way, as it deserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back