1969 plymouth cuda 383 4 speed $$$$ how much

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only thing i have pulled is the master cylinder, and sending unit i kept it.
Everything else is pretty much orginal,

Back to the original question that started this thread, and seems like know one really wants to step up to the plate and put a $ on it,
What is it worth ??????????

Sounds silly, but keep the parts you pull.. working or not.

Would love to have it, but got his big brother on the to do list. Good luck with your sale. Just remember, it's a buyers market now.

Grant

Big brother ??????????

Only thing i have pulled is the master cylinder, and sending unit i kept it.
Everything else is pretty much orginal,

Back to the original question that started this thread, and seems like know one really wants to step up to the plate and put a $ on it,
What is it worth ??????????

No fender tag or build sheet right? That hurts. I wouldn't (personally) pay more than $5000 but it is probably worth a bit more.

But I'm the kind of person that demands more that a vin when looking at a collector car.

Not everyone is the same as me.

Nice car.Five grand was a decent buy for a 69.Probably won't be a fast flip in this market.The fastback and green color won't help anything.

Fastback or not nothing's moving in this market.Bottom line its a nice original car that needs big bucks.

Well......... as much as i value your opinions , i am shooting for the stars !
I believe from my past experiences selling mopars, if you get the right car in front of the right people, they can bring and unexpected outcome.
I know the market is down, as well as anybody, believe me.
But we need to take into consideration, that its' not everyday you flip over a rock and find one of these cars, and as far as documenting it without a fender tag or buildsheet as some other members have stated ...... it is possible.
I could be wrong and have been many times before, just hoping i'm not this time.
Anyways it is always alot of fun and very interesting to hear the opionions, thanks for all the input.........
Watch for it on FeePay soon, and we can see what it does.
Thanks FABO for all the post !
BLessings, Frank

I hesitate to put a price on it, as the value that I believe it is worth is more than what can be EASILY obtained. By easily obtained, I mean what one can get for it if it is needed to be sold immediately. I figure these cars will be worth 35-40 restored max. with 25-30 restored today. Restoration will be 20 - 25 to do everything proper. So as it sits, 7500 - 10k.

JMO
Grant

I hesitate to put a price on it, as the value that I believe it is worth is more than what can be EASILY obtained. By easily obtained, I mean what one can get for it if it is needed to be sold immediately. I figure these cars will be worth 35-40 restored max. with 25-30 restored today. Restoration will be 20 - 25 to do everything proper. So as it sits, 7500 - 10k.

JMO
Grant

I think that is a good estimate.
But as is stated, i am hoping for the best, surely there is someone out there who is looking for just this car with a pocket full of money! LOL !!!
Maybe the demand for this Rare piece of Mopar history will be greater than the supply. 1 of 130 is very little supply. And an high option matching #s complete original car puts the supply in even greater demand.
Thanks agian for all the knowledgable input this site supplies.

What a great find and awesome buy!!! I hope you leave it the way it is and just blend in the spots that need to be fixed.

I know I said I wouldn't personally pay more than $5000 in a previous post but after looking back at the pics and things I feel the $7,500 - $10,000 range is where it will sell.

It would be worth your time to search for a build sheet and if you find one, get a fender tag made.

And FormulaS340, I think yours should be worth 25-30 in a good economy, even though you keep saying it wont fetch your asking today.

Grant

Whooooo ! Hooooo! I found part of the broadcast sheet today !!
And it is the most important part in very good shape, has the complete Vin #
Y16 code V78 code which is for accent stripe delete, for A57 cars. Trim code D6G Upper door frames F8 Paint Vo1 roof F8 body F8 and some other stuff, radiator hoses, fan, spacer, battery, vac fit, engine, carb 77 , choke, trans, sway bar, torsion bars, rear springs, shocks, front brakes, and the clutch and brake pedals codes,
I know it don't verify some of the other options, but i think it gets me out of the woods on it. Still believing for the original fender tag,
I looked 2 times and and my friend looked once, to no avail, prayed about it alot and felt like i should look one more time, and low and behold there it lay in the floor under the seat on the hump under a piece of sponge.
Have to give God the glory for that one, he will help you fellows if you just ask.
Blessings, Frank

Nice car. Great to see that they are still out there. I'd be curious to see how that car would clean up. My opinion is that to be "nice" it would need a re-spray. I'm not saying it can't be fun as is, or that I wouldn't want it in my garage.
As for value... I think it's rarity will hurt as much as help. Here is why I feel this way. A rare, original car deserves a higher price, and also, a perceived debt to the hobby to restore it to stock by most potential owners. In this economy, those willing to pay the premium for a car that requires a premium restoration (in attention to detail=$$) are in short supply. People just aren't spending. The missing fender tag is another deterrent.
I think it would be prudent of you to hold the car until you find the fender tag and wait for the market to return a bit. Just my opinion.

Nice car. Great to see that they are still out there. I'd be curious to see how that car would clean up. My opinion is that to be "nice" it would need a re-spray. I'm not saying it can't be fun as is, or that I wouldn't want it in my garage.
As for value... I think it's rarity will hurt as much as help. Here is why I feel this way. A rare, original car deserves a higher price, and also, a perceived debt to the hobby to restore it to stock by most potential owners. In this economy, those willing to pay the premium for a car that requires a premium restoration (in attention to detail=$$) are in short supply. People just aren't spending. The missing fender tag is another deterrent.
I think it would be prudent of you to hold the car until you find the fender tag and wait for the market to return a bit. Just my opinion.

Sounds like good advice, but don't think i can set on it that long.
I do believe tho that there are those out there that like to have something that not many others have, and have the money to do that. maybe a little slow moving ..............
I know from the past that i have paid alot more for a car than it was worth at the time but it was what i wanted, and after making the purchasing it and driving it for a couple of years the price i paid finally caught up with the car, so maybe there are those investers out there that can look at it that way also............ I will be listing it on ebay either tomorrow evening or saturday.
Thanks for your opinion very valued.
Blessings, Frank

To be nice it would need a full restoration….

As far as rare hurting value….. I disagree.

Poor economy or not….. The kind of person that will buy this car will have the money for both the car and the restoration and won't care what it costs.

Now that he has the build sheet the fender tag is almost a non issue. He has everything he needs to get a legitimate replacement.

To be nice it would need a full restoration….

As far as rare hurting value….. I disagree.

Poor economy or not….. The kind of person that will buy this car will have the money for both the car and the restoration and won't care what it costs.

Now that he has the build sheet the fender tag is almost a non issue. He has everything he needs to get a legitimate replacement.

Checked on the fender tag today, it's no problem !
Cost about $250.00

Does anyone no of an A57 383 4 speed cuda owner that they could put me in touch with, i have some questions i need to ask someone, with these cars, that have the fender tag or build sheets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back