1969 plymouth cuda 383 4 speed $$$$ how much

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be for sale , one day , but not today.
got to do some more research on the back ground, and such.
Thinking about doing a full resto and running it thru Barrett Jackson !
Although i would consider any serious , fair offers.........
I was told today that the title is being sent to me, i offered the owners son a little extra incentive to find the fender tag $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Talked to galen, they said they could possible make a tag.
$1500 just to come and look and then there is no guarantees.

Faith, Family & Friends, i keep ..........everything else is for sale !!!!!!!!!!

hi.I would love to have it (like every body else)how much is a fair offer?
Seriously Gary

Who really knows, as we all are aware, this is a rare car.
With alot of options, all matching #s and complete, everything is date coded, wiper motor, exhaust manifolds, intake manifolds, Engine assembly date is early @ 8 12 68, radiator , it has 3:55 suregrip , the car is running, and moving, i am going to have to work on the brakes, it has been stored since 2002. the paint is the original and in decent shape. I received the original title today dated back to the second owner when he got it in 1972 , and his sister owned it before that.
So i don't know what it is worth..........
If your a serious buyer, and want a good original car to do. Then this could be it !

More pics ! go to the 2nd page of thread for recent updates !

DSC06327.jpg

DSC06326.jpg

DSC06325.jpg

DSC06323.jpg

DSC06354.jpg

DSC06346.jpg

DSC06329.jpg

DSC06349.jpg

DSC06340.jpg

Does anybody know the website for the chrylser registry, for some reason i can't seem to find it.
Any help would be appreciated.

Really nice score on that one.. I love the first 'cudas. Looks very complete. Although the price seems high, getting it documented before you perform ANY work is important. Without the proper docs, once it's restored, you need some papers to prove you restored it to original specs, and of course this will harder to prove.

Grant

Sounds like OneOfMany was referring to the price to get it documented seems high. I cant imagine anyone saying the price for this car was too high.

as a 'cuda owner, I would have jumped all over that one for 5G. Apologize for not being clear, 1500 to document original will easily increase the value to 6500 :)

Grant

Of course it is. I'm just setting you up for a 7G offer lol.. Just saying if you have no record of options as they came, verification before taking it apart would allow proof in the future of color/options..

Grant

Of course it is. I'm just setting you up for a 7G offer lol.. Just saying if you have no record of options as they came, verification before taking it apart would allow proof in the future of color/options..

Grant

Yea, i got it !, Thanks for the info, i have had alot of mopar friends say, that the documenting and maybe a repo fender tag from Galen won't help. Any thoughts on that ?
I believe that the original fender tag does exsist, but who knows when i will get it...............
I am not planning on holding on to it forever !

All the documenting would do would be to offer a potential buyer the guarantee that the vehicle (if already restored) was restored to original specs. If you are flipping it before it is restored then the prospective purchaser could see that it is in original shape and determine the same without the documentation. Basically documenting is important BEFORE the car is restored, if NO fendertag or BROADCAST is available.

As far as being worth it? If someone is looking to find a factory big block car, THEY will be intersted in authenticity. IF the car is restored, AND no one has authenticated the original configuration, then THEY may be unable to VERIFY that it has been restored as original.

Of course, many will say WHO CARES? But for the albeit small number of individuals looking for A57 cudas, this WILL make a difference in their offer.

Grant

If you are just going to flip it, I wouldn't do anything to it other than get it running, get everything working and get everything mechanically sound.

Get as many stock parts back in place as you can.

People don't want a half hearted (half ***) attempt at a resto on a car like this.

I am going to flip it, i am not going to do any restoration, the only stuff that i know that is on it that is not stock is the , distributor and the battery tray.
Other than that it is an orginal car, and will be left as is.
It is running and moving, i only replaced the master cylinder and the sending unit, Trying to get brakes on it now.
Sounds like some good sound advice from oneofmany .
Thanks Frank

I am going to flip it, i am not going to do any restoration, the only stuff that i know that is on it that is not stock is the , distributor and the battery tray.
Other than that it is an orginal car, and will be left as is.
It is running and moving, i only replaced the master cylinder and the sending unit, Trying to get brakes on it now.
Sounds like some good sound advice from oneofmany .
Thanks Frank

Flip it here first.

Sounds silly, but keep the parts you pull.. working or not.

Would love to have it, but got his big brother on the to do list. Good luck with your sale. Just remember, it's a buyers market now.

Grant

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back