-
Status
Not open for further replies.

ABCuda

Reaction score
Rating - 40%
2   3   0
Contact seller
Looking for the another needle in a hay stack.

Working on a difficult enough restoration that was built as a Canadian order. Does anyone have a "Made in USA" tag for plymouth from 1969. I have never seen one, my understanding is they exist.

Recently had a guy offer me a DODGE tag.....not sure that would exactly work....might be slightly off....

Anyone know if there were actually "Made in USA" plates for 1969?

Anyone have a picture of one??

Elusive item.....I have the build sheet, had to go to Canada to get the car. Some have mentioned that the tag should have been there either on the hood latch plate or next to the fender tag????

Clueless in San Diego....

Six Pack for anyone with any information or pictures.....

I am almost positive that they repop these in the Dodge and Plymouth version. My dad has an original one but it is pretty faded, a new one would look better. I will look for them and post a link in a little bit, thanks!

This is how the export tags looked when the cars from US. The Dodge tag was the same from 1964 to 1967. Valiant had the same from 1964 to 1967. Barracuda got their own tag from 1965 to 1967. In 1964 Barracuda used the Valianttag!

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 328
  • 002.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 330
PM BB-Dave. His A56 Export car has one and might be willing to get you dimensions and pics. Apparently there isn't a set location for the tag. If it is a Y09 coded car it should rate one. If it is Y07 it may not have had the tag to begin with.

attachment.php

http://www.performancecargraphics.com/Export_Plate_Tags.htm

I like Blue Moon Belgian White. LOL

I'm pretty sure the extra tag only came on Y09 build for export order(over seas). Not for Y07 build for Canada.

I agree with Dave. I have never seen a tag for a car destined for Canada, but you never know depending on where the final destination of the car was supposed to be. There was a 68 Dart GT convertible I saw years ago that had the VIN LP27P8BXXXXXX that was not supposed to be built (SB LS27P8BXXXXXX) that had an export Dodge tag just like the one on Dave's Barracuda.

ABCuda I have been trying to send you PM about Notchback glass, seems like your pm mailbox is full. Can I reach you somewhere else ?

Cars ordered from overseas were considered export cars (Y09).

Cars built for Canada were not considered export cars since we share the same continent, so no extra tags.

This is excellent feedback/news. Really appreciate the response. Great pics and reference to these tags for export. A nuance that I was aware of but totally unfamiliar with.

Happy New Year to you all....

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back