1969 plymouth valiant street car

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
i think you have a very nice car. something someone can buy, enjoy and finish the way they want. i believe the only problem is the economy, it doesnt seem like cars are selling like they were. good luck bro.
-aaron-

Hello, nice car Bro....here is mine, 69 318 EV2 paint, one wheel peel, auto...I think you are priced right on the car...I would love that engine.......Don't give it away you will be so mad......Have you ever driven an Iroc camaro they ride like a 4x4 on metal tires...really stiff....Drive one first.....Did you try selling craigslist.com. it's free..just watch for scammers....

Chas

Copy of Nice pic.jpg

I don't think the black bumpers scream "I'm cheapin out on rechromed ones" like someone else said. Black bumpers, grill, tail lights, wheels. I think he was goin for a look like the P.O. was on "IT". No one said it, but is that what ya'll think about the black bumpers on "IT"?

That's a sweet ride brother

I love this car!! I can't believe it hasn't sold. Man, If I lived in the USA I'd give you $11k like a shot.

I love this car!! I can't believe it hasn't sold. Man, If I lived in the USA I'd give you $11k like a shot.

I believe it is the same with anything for sale right now.. the economy. I can't buy anything that I really don't need for the fear I might be laid off soon.

After just coming off of a restoration I can atest that is a VERY fair asking price for your car. The most recent price you posted is just a little bit more than what I paid for paint.....

Blame the economy. Amy & myself have cut back BIG TIME on un-neccessary spending, not because we can't afford things, it's just that maybe 6 months from now things might be worst. I kinda feel guilty for all the money I just spent not knowing if there's going to BE an economy in a few months.

Not trying to kill a good deal here, just offering a plausible explaination why no one is biting on a great deal.

Thank you for all the honest replies. I'm going to leave the car for sale as is and post more pics when i'm able to. I agree that the car is not immaculate and has a few things that could be adressed as mentioned above. However, for the bargain the buyer would be getting, i would think those issues are trivial. I don't have the time or money to put more into it right now. I will try to put more detail about the car with more pics when i can. I was more concerned with building a car that can be driven hard anywhere, anytime and look different than a collectible showcar. Again, absolute bargain for the money asked for. I'm sure when the economy gets better someone will jump at it and realize what a deal this is. again thanks for the replies and keep em coming. happy holidays! p.s., i have original bench seat and dog dish hubcaps, and hate chrome for the bumpers, just to explain the look i was going for.

10 k or best offer!!! I've got reciepts and any info you need on the car pm me. 408 stroker, fully prepped 904 3500 stall and dana 60 all brand new is worth that alone. New stainless steel brakes and new drum brakes complete. Your never gonna get all that for what i'm asking.

I forgot to mention, I have mint dog dish caps, a new power brake booster from stainless steel brakes and the original bench seat in great condition. I'll throw all that in as well.

I'm going to take the car to englishtown in the spring, assuming it has'nt sold by then. If anyone wants to see the car in person, they can. I will post new pics and let you guys know when i'll be there when the time comes. That way anyone who wants to check the car out for themselves can. In the meantime, enjoy your newyear!

i am selling the 69 valiant i have just finished building. I'll get straight to the point and list everything that i've done to the car.
I have replaced just about everything on the car, it started as a 273 2 barrel.
the rear is now a custom dts dana 60 complete drum to drum with 3.54 gears that was $2400.00.
904 tranny rebuilt for high performance duty with 3500 stall custom converter. cheetah shifter.
blueprint engines 408" stroker crate motor with 30 month warranty that was $5000.00 complete with all accessories.
steel police wheels, 15x7 front and 15x8 out back. black powdercoat from stockton wheel.
suspension completely rebuilt up front stock.
super stock springs with shackles moved inward and kyb's all around.
stainless steel complete manual disk brakes up front brand new.
All brake and fuel lines are brand new.
fuel tank and sending unit are brand new.
I have rewired the entire car with painless wiring kit front to back.
I had a local shop do the body and paint for $4000.00.
the entire drivetrain has less than 900 miles on it.
The car runs excellent, I drove it to englishtown and on the only run I raced it, it ran 13.1 in the 1/4. That was on bf goodrich street tires.
The car is very strong and i built it to be a daily driver, but the car is definately good for mid to high twelves with good tires.
I have over $20,000 invested and i'm asking for $14,000, I will only consider a trade for a late eighties camaro iroc in similar condition.
I will post pictures as soon as possible, I don't know how to post pics so I'm just waiting for a friend of mine to post them for me.
73dodge I would like to know if you still have the 69 valiant for sale and are there any pics of bottom of car / was it solid before paint work?

like an earlyer post. clean up the engine compartment. it does not have the look of a $20K car. get those black plastic wire split tubes and consolidate the wiring. PAINT ( rattle can ?) the bumpers same color as car. you have to much black. Put deacls of the hi-end manfactures of the parts in you car on the rear windows/ inside. they CAN be removed by new owner. PHOTO SHOOT...this car would be good shot in a nice green area with water..beach or creek.PUT those hub caps on for the photo shoot..rmemeber you have $20K invested in this car, pay someone for the pro photoshoot. you will have those photos to hand down to you grand kids.. Ebay ad for 25 days with a "Buy it now Price or Best Offer" is like $30.
There is no need to state in you ad why you are selling. PM's and emails can handle that.

good luck, very nice car !
concepthwy61bc1.jpg

No it's been sold !
We got it for $9500
Wiring is being all redone by allwiredout.com and other then that it will be driven all summer as is.

And he all ready had bought an Iroc !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back