1969 Race Dart w/ 426 Hemi- garaged for 45+ years

-
Today i learned that shocks have a torque spec :)
3 ugga duggas

9B141640-AC2D-4715-A5FC-1519A63B065D.png

I told him we could leave the liberty pro shifted 4 speed in there, and he could experience wot, 7500 rpm HEMI-foot to the floor upshifts, and it would change his life outlook!!!

Well, another minor update, and a possible clue as to it's short life on the drag strip. After a thorough thermal clean and blast on the heads, we discovered a chamber that had been previously damaged, and someone attempted to weld it. Unfortunately, it leaks like a garden sprinkler, so......Indy cylinder heads hooked us up with a fresh set of aluminum heads, in 4 days, amazingly!

20230617_121653.jpg

Indy cylinder heads hooked us up with a fresh set of aluminum heads, in 4 days, amazingly!
Just wanted to add to this. There has been previous grumblings and complaints I read here about Indy Cylinder heads customer service in the past. I had nothing but a positive experience. I was on the phone with them most of the day with all my questions and they went above and beyond. One of the engine builders called me to answer some of my specific questions. They did not have these heads sitting on the shelf, they got them done and to Sean in 4 days. Nowadays so many companies customer service is terrible. I can only speak for my experience, but they were great to deal with and I would not hesitate to buy from them again.

Finally got the car registered yesterday, I was able to use the 1969 WV plate I picked up. Pretty cool I think.............

Just need to get it done, so I can :steering: that bad *** Hemi!

image0.jpeg

-
Back