1969 Race Dart w/ 426 Hemi- garaged for 45+ years

-
I didn't comment here to hijack his restoration. I just wanted an answer as to how that cr was achieved. There numerous ways to get it and I was curious about 12-1 pistons coming out to 10.93 cr. My 3 engines are all over the place from 426 w/9-1, 426 w/10-1/4 or about and 478 w/10.92 using mopar .030 9-1/2 pistons.

but I will say more about local stories later on.
No, there’s only one way to calculate static compression ratio. Sean is capable of doing such. As a career machinist, I’m sure he has this well in hand.

There ARE several ways to get the compression ratio you want, this is easy enough and a snap to figure out and even more so for Sean. He told you what the compression ratio was. With your claimed experience, you should have never problem figuring this out. Seems to me pushing the issue beyond the answer much is just trolling.

Yes and I talked with several owners at Carlisle who had them and they stated they are for racing and not really suitable for the street…….their words not mine.
That's correct. What kind of filtering do you think they provide? Not very good.

Yeah I got new holleys, better tunability and I would have had to rebuild the old ones anyway
Those look like Quick Fuel carburetors to me......Holley makes them so what's the difference? lol

Sean told me to order them, I thought brawler was a model of Holley, no?
Quick Fuel. They're made by Holley, since Holley owns them. But I'm sure what Sean likes is their almost infinite tuneability. A similar Holley would not be near as tuneable. They were a good choice.

After thinking about this all day, I am 100% positive the current hood and scoop won’t work with the crossram.

Time to order a glass Hemi super stock hood :thumbsup:

For this price, I am good with the air cleaners..................:eek::wtf:

[/URL]

We installed this on my buddy's ride last weekend. He opted for the "filter" option because it is a street car. This was just a test fit but I think it's gonna work for his hood and is allot cheaper than those original Hemi stacks.

1691579290279.jpeg

Velocity Stacks For Hot Rods

Too bad you couldnt keep the shoe box, I love the DIY old school look the FIL had going. I have a couple Edelbrock air cleaners on my dual quad that may fit?

I would consider buying a new glass hood now, and hanging the hood that came with the car on the wall instead of hacking it even more and wishing you had bought a new hood to begin with.

-
Back