1969 Race Dart w/ 426 Hemi- garaged for 45+ years

-
I`d suggest 4 spreader bars on that scoop, that way the holes can be painted top+bottom and your not drilling after the fact. I`d imagine those huge scoops will catch a ton of air.
They do catch a lot of air. While I can't measure the amount of travel at the center of the hood scoop, I would say that coming up 2 - 2.5" on the big end is fairly accurate. Kinda freaks you out when you haven't raced in while...lol

Thanks, I was going to have the body shop add those. What do people use for them?
You`d have to ask these guys what they did, but I`d imagine what I`d do is flat washer welded to a bolt recessed into the top and glassed over with a tube sleeve covering the bolt, and washer lock nut on the bottom with minimal thread protrusion.

You`d have to ask these guys what they did, but I`d imagine what I`d do is flat washer welded to a bolt recessed into the top and glassed over with a tube sleeve covering the bolt, and washer lock nut on the bottom with minimal thread protrusion.
Just found this thread, Thanks. :thumbsup:

Absolutely I will continue to provide updates as everything happens. Sean will not be posting anything further on this thread or FABO. That is the decision he made and wanted me to let others know
Wait! WHAT! That’s disheartening to say the least. He was a valuable asset to this community.

Looks perfect with the Hemi scoop! Can’t wait to see what you decide on.
Thanks Jared. I ordered the SS Hemi scoop from Glastek and the body shop will be puting that on my steel hood. I can then bolt it back on and not mess with the fenders or hinges. I will have the hood and scoop painted flat black. :thumbsup:

Thanks Jared. I ordered the SS Hemi scoop from Glastek and the body shop will be puting that on my steel hood. I can then bolt it back on and not mess with the fenders or hinges. I will have the hood and scoop painted flat black. :thumbsup:
That’s my plan for my hood too, I’ve got the Dart Lite hood(aluminum braced) and a glass scoop. Definitely going to let the professionals handle that as well.

image.jpg

Just for reference ( you already have a plan), Stinger fiberglass out of Florida's hemi replica scoop. Steel hood and didn't have to change springs.

20230730_123022.jpg

As most of you are aware, this car had a B body modified 4 speed transmission. I am putting a correct A body 4 speed transmission back in. So my question, this is the transmission crossmember that was on the car. Will this work for the new 4-speed transmission?

IMG_9079.jpeg

IMG_9078.jpeg

IMG_9077.jpeg

IMG_9076.jpeg

IMG_9075.jpeg

IMG_9073.jpeg

IMG_9072.jpeg

-
Back