1969 Race Dart w/ 426 Hemi- garaged for 45+ years

-
:rofl:
If you're looking for any of those, you picked the wrong hobby.
Or the wrong brand:

CM2860.JPG

Friend of mine used to tell me if I wanted it "cheap and easy" to build nuthin' but Chevies.

There are some restrictions and I don't remember what they are. I am in a very rural area and don't think I will have any issues with our local guys.
WV law on those tags are, you can drive them as a normal vehicle from noon on Friday, until noon on Monday.

Had a county sheriff give me crap on time, stopped a store on a Thursday, he just said take it home.

I am thinking less of a small burnout and more like competition for Burnouts for Distance like on Roadkill Garage - Crop Duster. That is a goal there.

I am thinking less of a small burnout and more like competition for Burnouts for Distance like on Roadkill Garage - Crop Duster. That is a goal there.
those long burnouts dont impress me much , hooking up and moving out does tho...

totally senseless to me , even single wheel 6 cyl can do that ...
I guess to each their own and why our keys fit our own cars and not other peoples cars. Good thing we all don't like the exact same stuff, life would be very boring. Personally, I can get into almost anything car related.

Last edited:
I have a million Chevy parts and hope to sell them all at Carlisle next week.......................:thumbsup:

View attachment 1716234077
Good luck on the time spent to sell all you chebby parts this up coming week, I forgot about this build thread but not the story, this is the summer I will be getting out on the streets and some fun track time with my lady Victoria. This is such a great build you have going and I agree, a once in a life time build.

Screenshot_20230918-140742_Home.jpg

Good luck on the time spent to sell all you chebby parts this up coming week, I forgot about this build thread but not the story, this is the summer I will be getting out on the streets and some fun track time with my lady Victoria. This is such a great build you have going and I agree, a once in a life time build.

View attachment 1716234950
Thank you Mike! :thumbsup:

Speaking of small town police, years ago I bought a 64 Belvedere 426/425 HP 4 speed former SS car. It needed a LOT of work to go back on the street semi legally. I was courteous to the neighbors by not running it with open headers early in the morning and late evenings. At the time, I lived in a newly incorporated city with a chief of police and two officers in some old clapped out Ford Crown Vics. One Saturday I went to get my trailer to take the car to the exhaust shop to get a good system installed. As I was pulling the car up on the trailer, the chief stopped by and asked about the car. He asked me to please not cause problems because the old cop cars they had probably couldn't keep up. I laughed and told him I wouldn't do anything foolish in the neighborhood. Two weeks later, I took the car out with proper registration and a decent exhaust system. I drove over to the chief's house and asked if he'd like to take a ride. We left the neighborhood to an old county road where I stopped the car, brought the R's up and dumped the clutch. The chief was impressed and said that his cars would definitely not keep up. Sadly, I went through a divorce and had to sell the car but it lives on up in Ames, Iowa to this day.

Speaking of small town police, years ago I bought a 64 Belvedere 426/425 HP 4 speed former SS car. It needed a LOT of work to go back on the street semi legally. I was courteous to the neighbors by not running it with open headers early in the morning and late evenings. At the time, I lived in a newly incorporated city with a chief of police and two officers in some old clapped out Ford Crown Vics. One Saturday I went to get my trailer to take the car to the exhaust shop to get a good system installed. As I was pulling the car up on the trailer, the chief stopped by and asked about the car. He asked me to please not cause problems because the old cop cars they had probably couldn't keep up. I laughed and told him I wouldn't do anything foolish in the neighborhood. Two weeks later, I took the car out with proper registration and a decent exhaust system. I drove over to the chief's house and asked if he'd like to take a ride. We left the neighborhood to an old county road where I stopped the car, brought the R's up and dumped the clutch. The chief was impressed and said that his cars would definitely not keep up. Sadly, I went through a divorce and had to sell the car but it lives on up in Ames, Iowa to this day.
Great story..............:thumbsup:

Hey Scott, I was wondering if you are planning on taking her to the dragstrip just to play with it and let her stretch her legs a little bit without the worry of traffic and cops? If so, I would like to see some guesses about what she will run.....

Hey Scott, I was wondering if you are planning on taking to the dragstrip just to play with it and let her stretch her legs a little bit without the worry of traffic and cops? If so, I would like to see some guesses about what she will run.....
Yes, that is the plan. I can go over to a dragstrip about 30 minutes away. There are so many rules and specs nowadays, not sure about those. I don't have a seatbelt and I would assume they require that as well as a certified helmet.

The last time I did any 1/4 mile stuff was in the 80's at Atco Raceway, not many rules then.......................... :thumbsup:

Yes, that is the plan. I can go over to a dragstrip about 30 minutes away. There are so many rules and specs nowadays, not sure about those. I don't have a seatbelt and I would assume they require that as well as a certified helmet.

The last time I did any 1/4 mile stuff was in the 80's at Atco Raceway, not many rules then.......................... :thumbsup:
For a test and tune evening, a lot of tracks won't enforce strict rules unless you are running way too fast for what the car is set up to run. That said, I would guess that a good helmet and let her rip. You won't really know what else is needed until you get some time slips. Either way, I know you are going to be enjoying that beast with every gear change....

For a test and tune evening, a lot of tracks won't enforce strict rules unless you are running way too fast for what the car is set up to run. That said, I would guess that a good helmet and let her rip. You won't really know what else is needed until you get some time slips. Either way, I know you are going to be enjoying that beast with every gear change....
Thanks! I only have motorcycle helmets, So I will pick up one from Summit. :thumbsup:

-
Back