-
Status
Not open for further replies.

2doorswinger

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I have a late 69 Date Coded 340 X head motor for sale. Went back and checked the numbers and its actually a late 69 date code! (I took our appraisers word that it was a 70 without checking). Motor comes fully dressed (intake manifold, valve covers, distributor, distributor wires, etc.) Motor was pulled out of a running driving 1969 Dodge Dart Swinger about 4 days ago. Motor has an edelbrock performer intake manifold, mopar performance valve covers, adjustable rockers and a great set of "X" heads. Decided to build a 408 as it would be a shame to bore a stock bore 340!

Going to be listed for $3,000 on kijiji but for you FABO members, $2,800 is the number! Just gotta make some room in the garage guys!

Attachments

• 20140922_145055.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 1,085
  • 20140922_145107.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 1,073
I think shipping on an engine down to the states would be a little expensive! If it helps you guys, I can come over the boarder in New York and leave it at a parcel location for pick up! Just shoot me a pm and we can get something worked out!

That sure doesn't look like a Performer intake manifold. More like a Torker340.

If you post the vin number off the block and casting date, that may help you in selling it.

Good luck with your sale.

Seeing and hearing an engine run helps too. Always sell them before you pull them.

..where are you located in Canada? ..a lot can happen in 45 years and you have no way of knowing for sure unless it is opened up.

..where are you located in Canada? ..a lot can happen in 45 years and you have no way of knowing for sure unless it is opened up.

and if it has not been opened how do you know its a standard bore?

I was told its a standard bore by the previous owner who was the original owner of the car. Im located in Acton, Ontario. Well, i might have to put it back in a car just so i can fire it up when people come then. I also have videos of the motor idling/revving/running. To be honest, the only reason im even selling is because i need the space in my garage lol. I've got 2 dart swingers and a GTS, plus another 340, a 408 and this motor plus three 4 speed trannys taking up space haha

to check the bore they have a tool that dropps in the spark plug hole and it screws open like wings telling you your bore they can also check your stroke for you , but not running its a gamble on anything being cracked. Heads, piston, rod, cylinder wall, bearings shot ,cracked ring. do a compression test write it down, have your machinist check the bore , and most of all write the #s of the block date and code and pm me all the info and your phone #

Well, if it doesn't sell the way it is, then ill just huck it on the trailer and leave it there. I know it is a good running motor and if no-ones interested now, ill wait for a few years and maybe try later.

Well, here's the final price drop guys, $2,000 even. I can text videos of it running and running smooth at that (Cudacox can verify). If she doesn't sell at $2,000, ill be tossin her on the back on a trailer in the corner of a field and be giving the mice a nice new home!

Well, here's the final price drop guys, $2,000 even. I can text videos of it running and running smooth at that (Cudacox can verify). If she doesn't sell at $2,000, ill be tossin her on the back on a trailer in the corner of a field and be giving the mice a nice new home!

* Hey Paul,I will be there Saturday morning to pick it up as we discussed! Thanks again..

Paul, It was a pleasure meeting you your Grampa and Uncle! Thanks again for the meet and greet as well as the mopar talk! I almost forgot... Thanks again for the 340! It will be used in a future build.. Craig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back