1970 340 Swinger

-

tattarat

Reaction score
Just landed my first Muscle Mopar. I've had a couple slant 6 cars over the years and a couple AMX's... many many Mustangs, and several rare Muscle Mercury's but going for something different. 1970 Dodge Dart Swinger 340 4 spd, sure grip, disc brakes, and rally gauges... That's pretty much it... am radio, grill moldings and black rear stripe are the only other things mentioned on the fender tag. Real H code and probably numbers matching. Still need to dig in. Have located the build sheet and it is in excellent condition :blob:
Should be able to get it out in prime condition to verify everything. Shows 81K on the ticker and I believe it is original.

I look forward to pestering many of you as I delve into these new rather uncharted waters for me. Fortunately this car is in good condition and hopefully won't need that much to get it going again. Thanks for the add.

Tony

Attachments

• DSC04090.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 280
  • 01111_aD2ErsZFYni_600x450.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 278
Welcome to FABO, looks like you got a pretty good specimen to work with condition wise. Definitely post up a progress thread In the restoration forum, be great to see how you progress on your Swinger.

welcome neighbor
what color was it factory?
did you find it locally

i have a yellow one
will start working on it this spring
have acquired most parts over the last 2 years

011_zpspcaaaxak.jpg

Welcome to FABO Tony!!! You are going to LOVE that Dart!!

I was almost your neighbor...interviewed with SERVPRO corporate a couple a times...

Welcome from Colorado! Nice to have another 70 H-Code Swinger owner on here :cheers: Let us know what questions you might have ?

Dave,

Thanks for the warm welcome! Much appreciated!

Hi neighbor in Smyrna... Car was originally Ivy Green and will eventually be put back to original color. I'm in Gallatin and found the car in Bethpage about 20 minutes up the street which was a huge plus since my truck only gets about 8 MPG.

Hi almost neighbor. My next door neighbor's brother does work for SERVPRO so our paths would very likely have passed!

Weather has not been cooperating for me to get into this project yet and really it has a few things in front of it, but I am hoping to pull the shifter and see what it needs. That is the only big issue sidelining the car right now. Someone cut the floor and the shifter is way back ( which doesn't work w/ a bench seat ) and there are no shift rods. Gonna pull it all and check numbers... see if I am starting over or can piece this one back together.

Thanks again. Looks like a great group of folks!

Welcome to FABO and congrats on the great find. tmm

Welcome and Good Luck with the Swinger . I was also fortunate to find an original 70 Swinger
close to home and am enjoying as I'm sure you will enjoy yours also. Good Luck

-
Back