1970 challenger 340 6 pack TA

-
I did not notice that. Lousy vinyl tops! I'm going to have to get the inner panel off and look in the trunk as well.

I seen the antenna mount is located on top of the right rear quarter panel. Only the TA Challengers and AAR 'cuda's had them there.

Looks ok if the numbers all match and the engine is all matching and has original intake carbs etc.. The hole at the back window is a little scary. I'm not to sure 30k is a good price on this since restored ones go for mid 50's or a little more. But it's right in front of your nose and if you always wanted one and don't have 55k + go for it !!!

Well, that means I will have 30k initial investment
Plus another 25 to 35 k restoration costs.

55 to 65k. Hmmm. What do these cars realistically bring totally
Restored with matching numbers?

Well, that means I will have 30k initial investment
Plus another 25 to 35 k restoration costs.

55 to 65k. Hmmm. What do these cars realistically bring totally
Restored with matching numbers?

I would say you'll probably break even.

A friend of mine is restoring one, from what we have seen a nice older restored driver is in the 50 to 60 k range, when you see them more than that they are top notch restos, unless you can do a lot of the work I don't think 25k will restore this type of car to sell for the upper end. Barry is the guy to ask, I'm no expert on these.

Does it need restored that is the question.May be worth more unrestored depending on condition.My Brothers T/A is a driver and was a mediun grren car with a gator grain top and he has turned down 25K for it.I would not restore that car! Fix any issues under the top then replace the top.Buff the paint get it running and drive it!!! Have fun with it!!!!

I think 30K is strong money for that car. It will require some resto work judging by that one visible rust hole. That means the window channel is suspect, the roof panel, and anything below it. My '70 had less rust visible than that and the trunk, one frame rail, and floor pans were shot from water going in over time. The parts are available now but it's closer to an $15-18K car in that shape given the work to bring it back. I'd expect an average resto will bring the $40-50K range in this market. Average meaning not a professional, perfect deal.

Or you could buy a new Chevy Tahoe for $40000 and drive it for 20 years and sell it for $1000.. I would rather break even with a T/A Challenger..

I have not negotiated with this guy. He has
Several cars I was interested. He actually called me
Back and asked me what I thought the car was worth.

To me, I think 20k is what I would probably buy it
For. I would probably keep this one as close to original
As possible.

Vinyl tops really screw up rear windows over time if exposed to
The elements. It actually provides me with more
Ammo to drive down the price.

$20k would be a good number for it I think! I've been watching an AAR Cuda rot into the ground that's much worse and the owner wants &20k for that, and won't budge! Go for it!! Geof

Buildsheet
fender tag
window sticker
numbers matching
rustfree or nearly rustfree
it's all there
untouched original
4 speed
high impact color

Tell him if you can turn the motor over by hand you have 25K in your pocket.It is well worth 25K

I can see its had some repair work on the front, fading paint halfway thru the door, that's what lacquer does. Still a rare find.

Attachments

• challenger_let_freedom_rev.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 349
This has been quite helpful guys! I will use any
And all info that will help me secure the car at a reasonable
Price. So, for 20 to 25k, this car is worth the purchase?

I agree may have had work done to the front , the rear has the optional pads on the guards and the front don't show any signs of having guards so was probably replaced. Check for the Hemi torque boxes in the front and rear all AAR's and T/A's are supposed to have them. Good luck, looks like a great find

Double check the left front fender, (compare to right side) its supposed to have a 15" radius, some fenders have the 14" radius. Do not know if the fender has been changed but...

Boy, I really looked at the engine compartment pics and all
The original tags, stickers, and checker paint marks are there and in great shape!

buy it and put it on ebag.
you'll either win or loose.
take a chance.

-
Back