1970 Dart GTS?

-
man...whats up with all these ugly *** darts ive seen people posting??? now wheres the dart thread at, i gotta see what a normal dart looks like again.

"will to trade for corvette chevelle or mustang"

or any other generic muscle car...

Actually, Dodge did make a Dart G.T.S. in 1970. It was made by Automex (Chrysler) in Mexico and sold in Mexico.
They also made Super Bees that looked like our Dusters and Dart Sports '70 and up. A lot of them came with the 318 4 barrel 270 hp emblems on the fenders and i noticed a lot of them were console 4 speeds.
There's a thread in the member's restorations about a guy in Mexico doing a '71 Super Bee (Duster looking) so do a search for it and there is a lot of info in the threads on these cars.
The car shown in this thread doesn't even look close to a Mexican one at any rate, and to me it looks brutal especially the wing.....yuk!

As Dartnut said....Chrysler de Mexico made a 1970 Dart GTS.
270 HP 318 4 bbl with 4 speed only.
Been trying to buy one for years now.
Here are some pics of a REAL 1970 Dart GTS:
70 GTS-20.jpg

70 GTS-01.jpg

70 GTS-04.jpg

70 GTS-05.jpg

70 GTS-11.jpg

70 Rallye Speedo KPH.jpg

The one on ebay was mine until the last freakin' minite when it was 1st on ebay in Mexico.
Then it sold for $1500.00 or so.... guy with it now thinks it is some superduper rare beast (Which to be fair it IS pretty rare) and has turned down $5000.00 plus on auction twice now. His ad is a hoot to read! http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...602686889&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:VRI

Later,
Bruce B.

70 GTS-01.jpg

70 GTS-04.jpg

70 GTS-05.jpg

70 GTS-11.jpg

70 Rallye Speedo KPH.jpg

70 GTS-20.jpg

Yup Cooter..... That was the Factory Rear End they used in Mexico back then.

Later,
Bruce B.

Overseas Chrysler took on a life of its own, Dart Chargers, A-body Super Bees, Valiant Utes and lots of deviation in models. That 70 Dart GTS clone on craigslist should be referred to as a fantasy car and not be classified with Chryslers production overseas nor any American made GTS. Yup, just like the Dart R/T with optional buffalo. :toothy9:

-
Back