Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueSwinger

Professional Lurker
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
Hi, I apologize for my first post being a For Sale posting. I've been a member for a couple years and have lurked often just not usually real talkative... let me make up for it below :)

My name is Chris and I've been a Mopar fan since the '80s. Unfortunately, life has not gotten any less busy for me the past couple years, and it's not showing any signs of getting less busy so I don't see myself getting around to this project anytime soon. My love of Mopar is no less though, and once this sells, I will be looking for a more "finished" Mopar to enjoy. I would consider trading this toward something more finished as well. I owned a lot of Mopars in the past, including one that would be pretty pricey today, but of course I sold them off all in the early '90s. Doh!

So, to go with this very solid '70 Swinger, I've collected many of the main pieces to the puzzle and would like to sell this as a complete package ready to begin teardown and rebuild.

Without further ado...

1970 Dart Swinger, all original, 318 car with original 318 still in place. Lived in California most of its life and is very solid. Factory air and blue tinted windows. Made in Canada. 904/8.25 (but see the extras, this is already taken care of.) I was in contact with the 2nd owner's family (owned since around 1973 I think it was), so I know quite a bit of the car's history.

Was B5 blue and the darker blue paint was due to a respray that probably could have been done better, and the car looks a lot worse for it that it probably would otherwise. It would need a strip and respray either way I suppose.

Condition: Car was running and driving around 3 years ago, but now that it's been sitting and the brakes have lost pressure, I don't think it's worth getting running again rather than just starting the rebuild/restore. Floors and trunk are solid. Will need a couple patches behind rear wheels, and there is some crust on the underbody but nothing serious. Has factory undercoating. As far as I can tell, the only panel that I don't have that may need to be replaced completely or partially is the passenger's quarter, but without stripping it, I can't tell. Maybe it's fine.

Interior for the most part is really nice. Panels are all good, back seat is fantastic (just a little dirty), and I tore out the headliner and carpet already (both medium blue) to make sure it wasn't holding any moisture against the metal. Interior will need those, plus new front seat cover/foam, dash pad, and a few details. Comes with the steering wheel you see lying on the seat as well.

Grille: One of the nicest '70 grilles you'll ever see. It's nearly flawless.

Other: All glass (blue-tinted) is good. Most of the trim is quite nice.

Extras: PLEASE READ ALL OF THIS!

- Aside from the solid and complete car with most of the parts usable...
- NOT SHOWN: brand new repro hood scoops with new repro chrome bezels.
- Extra steering wheel as seen on the front seat in pics.
- A-Body 8.75" rear (open), so no need to cut or modify, just bolt it in.
- 727 trans, I was told this was good by someone I trust but of course no guarantees.
- 1970 disc brake front spindles so you can keep small bolt wheels.
- extra good front bumper (not shown).
- 4 small bolt pattern Rallye wheels.
- straight and solid driver's side fender so you won't have to bother fixing that dent in the fender.
- extra passenger's door. Not sure if it's needed, but there you go.
- I could get you a complete 360 if that would be useful to you.
- I have a hood that has cutout and bolt holes for a Hemi-style scoop if you want it. (you can see it behind the car in the 7th photo).

Price: $2900 for everything. Will NOT sell any of the parts off the main car or any of the extras separately so please don't ask. But I will consider selling just the base car without any of the extras (or with some of them mix and match what you can use, we can work something out). I may be able to use some of the other parts, but I'd rather sell it all at once. I am possibly willing to talk about price, BUT please do not shoot me lowballs, as this is not a car I am desperate to sell. It is not a hardship situation. It can sit in the garage if necessary, but I would like for it to go to a good home all the same. Don't like the price range or anything else, please move along.

Thanks for looking. Once I finally get another Mopar driver, I'll probably have a lot more to say around here. See ya around. - Chris

IMG_9580.jpg

IMG_9581.jpg

IMG_9582.jpg

IMG_9584.jpg

IMG_9586.jpg

IMG_9588.jpg

IMG_9591.jpg

IMG_9593.jpg

IMG_9595.jpg

I've been asked to post pics of the passenger's side and the engine bay of course.

In the passenger's side pics, you can see why I say I'm not sure whether the car will need a new quarter panel or not. There is an indentation behind the door that can probably be pulled out, but I can't say for sure what's in there. I've been assuming it will need some work, but it could be a pleasant surprise and not be too bad once it's stripped.

In these pics you can also see where behind the rear wheels, there is some rust starting. The last couple years it was on the road it was in Illinois (was CA before that), and that's what happens :| Car is very solid otherwise, as trunk pics demonstrate for example. Real nice solid starting point for your project!

This car is a perfect example of why a cheap/bad paint job just isn't worth it!

IMG_3883.jpg

IMG_3887.jpg

IMG_3896.jpg

IMG_3899.jpg

IMG_3901.jpg

IMG_3914.jpg

IMG_3915.jpg

IMG_3922.jpg

IMG_3923.jpg

IMG_3924.jpg

$1500 FIRM for the solid and complete base car alone without any of the extra parts. Possibly pick and choose from the rest of the parts that you need for extra $. Great start to your project. Awesome grille!

Nice looking project for a very good price. Why are they always on the other side of the country?

anybody know someone who could ship this down to southern il, to zip 62983?

thanks
dwayne

I forgot to mention that the chrome race ignition box comes with the car. When it was running, the orange one quit, so the chrome was installed. Carb will probably need to be cleaned up, otherwise ran and drove fine. Brake pressure lost now and I don't have time to mess with that, so not much point in getting her running.

Your giving the car away! No room for negotiating there, that's a STEAL!!!

I now have contact information for anyone who wants this car hauled door-to-door service for a very reasonable price (less than most others, I'm told). Trustworthy person. I'm not sure how far he'll go, but at least to Southern Illinois area (or I assume similar distance in other directions from Milwaukee). I don't mind keeping some of these parts, depending on what you want, we can probably arrange it. I could actually probably use some of these parts anyway.

I am talking with a couple people right now about a possible sale, but that doesn't mean it's sold. If you're interested, get ahold of me.

The 360 that I mentioned as a possible extra addition for extra $, I think I've decided to keep. If it was really something you need, maybe, but it's probably easier to just get one local than to transport it anyway.

There's some of these parts that I really wouldn't mind keeping, so if someone is interested in the car alone or the car with just some of the extras, that's fine. I wouldn't mind keeping the 727 for example.

Car/package is still available. Again, I can give you the name & number of someone very reliable who can transport for a very good price, I'm just not sure how far he will go, but you could ask. Or rent a U-Haul and trailer and get it yourself... that's a quite affordable option, really. Thanks.

Not yet, it takes awhile sometimes, no biggie.

But that's okay. If it doesn't sell, this fall I'm going to try to make time to get it back on the road and maybe get the discs in there, clean it up a bit. You just don't see real solid '70s around here much anymore, so keeping it's not so bad :)

I feel for you BlueSwinger, i've been trying to sell project cars in the same shape as yours for quite a few years now for about the same price and condition with no luck.
All i get is people wanting to buy the parts off them and cherry pick the good stuff then crush what's left. For what my opinion is worth, maybe you would be better off to keep it and enjoy fixing it up and sooner or later someone will buy it when it's "maximized" with all of the good parts insalled and cleaned up a bit.
This is why a lot of people lose interest in selling cars, and the people can't understand why it ends up on the "cars in barns" website and they complain that the owner would rather just let it sit and rot. The real truth is, the owners are tired of being bugged to sell and then finally be lowballed over and over again by dreamers and looky loos. I've even tried to give cars and parts away only to be screwed over!
Rant over,
Good luck with the sale, it's worth every penny of your asking price IMO.
Somebody save this car! (and the hobby for that matter).
Tom.

See, that's the thing... my issue is time. I don't have the time to do this car. Otherwise, heck yeah, I'd keep it and not even think about selling it. Just trying to pass along a great deal to someone who might have more time to dedicate than I do right now. I think that if this car didn't have that bad dark blue respray, it would already be sold. It makes it look way worse than it is. Yes, this car is a steal in this condition, and especially now that many of the harder to find parts are found and ready to go. The air blew cold still when it was on the road a couple years ago. Sure though, as long as it sits here, as I get time, I will clean her up a little or whatever.

It's not that I care that it's not sold yet, I'm just surprised at how many people have contacted me and sounded serious, then apparently are not. That's what gets me. You're either ready to buy and transport, or you're not. Seems pretty simple to me!

Thanks for the support guys!

Yeah, no time or no money to move along on to other projects.....The story of my life! lol.
It's a waiting game, someone will buy it from you.
Maybe let it sit and do what you can as time and finaces allow, the more work you do, the more saleable it becomes and the price goes up accordingly.
Some guys are willing to pay more for a car if it's complete and able to drive on a trailer under it's own power and then take it apart and restore it for a lot more money and do it their way anyway.
People are funny that way.
Their loss if they can't see the potential in it as is.
Good luck.
All you can do is try.
Here's a free bump for a good project car.

If time is your only issue you should consider keeping this as a replacement project this solid might be hard to come by.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back