-
Status
Not open for further replies.

andx0r

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hello everyone. I'm trying to sell my Dart and this seemed like a good spot to do so :) I bought the car a few months ago and put it into storage as something I could start working on next spring. Now I don't have the storage anymore and the car will need to go before winter.

It's a 1970 Dart Swinger with a 225 /6 and a Torqueflite 3-speed. 99k miles. Runs and drives very well. Doesn't leak anything. It needs new senders for the fuel and temp gages (included). It also needs tires, a horn, and shocks (shocks are included). Interior is great apart from some wear on the driver's seat, one crack in the dash pad, and holes above the visors.

Rust has taken hold in the fenders and rockers, but it's quite fixable. Floors and trunk are great, very solid. Newer vinyl top, no rust underneath it. Glass is all good. Car comes with original window sticker and the owner's manual.

Newer parts:
Plugs/wires/cap/rotor/points
Battery
Fuel pump

Included with the car:
Pertronix Ignitor conversion kit.
Pertronix Flamethrower coil.
New front and rear shocks
New fuel sender
New temp sender
New belt and hoses
Breather and PCV
Air/oil/fuel filters
Full set of new engine/trans mounts

The price is $3000 for the car and the included parts. Cash only, no trades.

Pics!

8060805562_870e856c95_c.jpg

8060801497_2da6661935_c.jpg

8060793902_e878197cab_c.jpg

8060795746_3c09f73058_c.jpg

8060788588_d13872a2e6_c.jpg

8060784704_1e7e5be8a2_c.jpg

8060789919_1f78858d76_c.jpg

8060784155_49b3e653b6_c.jpg

8060788597_ebd757b9ab_c.jpg

8060797533_223fb9ddc0_c.jpg

8060801340_f6be877e5b_c.jpg

8060797730_a3f6fc44e0_c.jpg

Is there anything stopping this car from being driven a long distance? Might know a potential buyer in RI.

Thanks.

I would absolutely NOT drive this car any kind of distance with the tires it has. They've got good meat, but they're flat-spotted and so old that they're designated as 195/75B14 tires. Other than that, the longest trip I've taken in the car was 50 miles one way. Did alright there, but it's also 42 years old and has done more sitting than driving in the past decade.

Bump. Car is for sale again. $2500 and now comes with 4 new Falken tires (that aren't mounted).

Need garage space!

[ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/69814699@N08/sets/72157633062141633/"]1970 dodge dart swinger - a set on Flickr[/ame]

426hemiswinger, yes it is still for sale.

Also, clear out your inbox :p

Zipped the new starter on today. No more funny sounds at startup.

Also put in the sender for the temp gage and that works again. w00.

Going to see about getting my new tires on.

Some things have come up and the car is temporarily off-market. Combination of two jobs and family issues.

I'll bump this thread when it's on the block again.

i am in madison we come down there for ciggarets my wife also has family there that car is clean for a wisc /ill car same kind and color of car we got hit buy a train in and it cut the car in 1/2 and the motor was still running afterwards i had to reach over and shut it off so we could get out passenger side of car you sure you dont wanna entertain a offer on it i could come down saterday and go for a cruze i"ll send a pm with # dont write back if answer deff no

I was forced to use this car as my daily for the entirety of the summer. Now I've got something else to drive so this one is for sale again. Here's the car as it sits right now:

1970_dodge_dart_swinger_in_the_dawn__by_motoryeti-d688irx.png

1970_dodge_dart_swinger_in_the_dawn__by_motoryeti-d688irx.png
Since I was dailying it, a lot of parts got replaced to ensure reliability:

- Starter
- Exhaust
- Tuneup
- belts/hoses (all hoses)
- thermostat and temp sender
- front cylinders
- brake shoes
- master cylinder
- tires
- battery
- fuel pump is newer, as is the sender
- front shocks
- rear shocks (air)
- wheel bearings all around
- other misc small stuff. breathers, filters, etc.

And it starts, runs, and drives wonderfully.

The price is going to have to be $3000 firm or the car stays here.

While you guys are all a treat to deal with, craigslist isn't quite the same. Last time I put the car up on craigslist, I had a non-stop parade of starry-eyed old men who, in spite of what my ad explicitly said, were *shocked*, just *SHOCKED!* that a cheap Dart from WI *gasp!* would need some bodywork. I think they skipped over here thinking they were some purple paint and a 340 away from reliving the days where they didn't have to keep their medications in a days-of-the-week pill container. Hopefully this time around won't be quite so facepalm-y.

Maybe you are just being 'funny' but I take offense to that 'old man and meds in the pill box' comment. Just a word from the big guy, "NO PRESENTS FOR YOU THIS YEAR!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 1,514
I had the same car in high school except mine was a 318 with an 8 3/4. If yours was it would be in my driveway.
Good luck with the sale, your car brings back memories for me.

Drop in a 408 and run the hell out of it. Really nice car for the money. Too bad I have 3 projects already. GLWS

Sorry I've been away for so long. The weather is cold and as a result I'm working nearly 12 hours a day, every day. Don't go into HVAC.

Anyway, the car has gone from running great to needing a carburetor or a rebuild, as well as a carb-manifold gasket. It's leaking a bit and not running right. Runs and drives but stalls, I'd trailer it. An exhaust shop also broke one of my manifold studs, and there's a hiss from that. Which is awesome.

$2000 firm and I want it out before the snow flies.

I keep forgetting to post this. It's every pic of the car I have (quite a few dupes, I just did a batch upload to an existing photo set):

[ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/69814699@N08/sets/72157633062141633/"]1970 dodge dart swinger - a set on Flickr[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back