1970 Dart Swinger

-
Can't wait to see more!

Don't take it seriously if not many people reply, folks stay silent a lot more when compliments are deserved rather than criticism:D

Can't wait to see more!

Don't take it seriously if not many people reply, folks stay silent a lot more when compliments are deserved rather than criticism:D
LOL!

Thanks for the tip.

I should be putting down some more purple this weekend. I have a handful of small pieces to do. The other fender extension, and both quarter extensions, along with the trunk latch, and probably the under side of the trunk while I'm at it.

Thanks, HemiPar! I can't wait to see the color on a larger area!

Today's progress, and overall pics of a primered Dodge Dart. I also did the inside of the driver side door, but I didn't take any pics. I plan on painting that and the driver's door jamb tomorrow, along with priming the passenger side door and jamb.

DSC00356.jpg

Trunk extensions:

DSC00360.jpg

DSC00362.jpg

Before:

DSC03877.jpg

After:

DSC00355.jpg

Before:

DSC03874.jpg

After:

DSC00354.jpg

Thanks!

All the blocking and leveling and hard work is paying off now. I can't wait to see the whole thing painted now!

Nice job! Love the colour - although admittedly partial to the darker purple metallics!
Thanks!

I was debating between that color and Black Cherry metallic, and my wife "helped" choose that one. LOL!

The last of the primer is down on the body now. I will be painting jambs, inner doors, and the under side of the trunk deck lid (along with hinges and trunk jamb) this weekend now!

DSC04104.jpg

DSC04105.jpg

DSC04102.jpg

DSC04106.jpg

Sneak peek at the trunk/quarter extensions:
DSC04112.jpg

DSC04113.jpg

Same here, OTR! LOL!

I am currently resisting the urge to start painting today. I have to keep doing it the right way. All the body lines have come out nice and straight, so I'm keeping that in mind!

Nice work. Looking forward to seeing it in color.
Thanks! Just for that, here's a little bit to whet your whistle until I get the rest sanded and painted:

IMAG0371.jpg

Hinges will get painted with the jamb next week.
IMAG0370.jpg

I'm really happy with how the color looks, and how nice the paint goes down.

More purple for you guys to see!
I was going to do the trunk jamb and behind the rear bumper today, but rain is on the way, and the paint won't cure before it gets wet. Not a good idea. I'll paint those parts first thing in the morning if the weather clears up by then. IF not, next Saturday when I get home from Indy I will be doing it.

DSC01344.jpg

paint is looking great. Hope the weather clears so we can all enjoy your work:happy1::D

paint is looking great. Hope the weather clears so we can all enjoy your work:happy1::D
Well, the weather cleared just long enough to bait me into painting, then that no good ***** mother nature rained all over my parade. Literally. As soon as the 2nd coat of clear went down on the bumper area, a storm blew in and ruined the work I did.

I have to redo the trunk jamb and bumper area, and all will be well again. That will happen tomorrow, as today isn't looking too good weather wise, and I'm still pissed off at myself for trying to sneak in a little extra work when I know better than that. LOL!

Well, the weather cleared just long enough to bait me into painting, then that no good ***** mother nature rained all over my parade. Literally. As soon as the 2nd coat of clear went down on the bumper area, a storm blew in and ruined the work I did.

I have to redo the trunk jamb and bumper area, and all will be well again. That will happen tomorrow, as today isn't looking too good weather wise, and I'm still pissed off at myself for trying to sneak in a little extra work when I know better than that. LOL!

You was going by the weather channel,not your fault. Sorry that your work got ruined. But with your skills yo will have it looking great in no time.I am looking forward to see it painted.

Thanks! I appreciate it.

I got most of the damaged paint sanded back off today, and it started to drizzle on my head, so I quit. At least I won't have much to do tomorrow when I try to get paint put back down on it. I may have to re-prime it, though. Not the end of the world, but more work than I wanted to do for a trunk jamb and behind a damn bumper. LOL!

i cant wait to see that whole car in that color in the sun.. wow

The trunk area is fixed, and all is well now! I sanded it down yesterday, and repainted it today first thing when the weather cleared up.

DSC01348.jpg

DSC01350.jpg

DSC01351.jpg

DSC01352.jpg

-
Back