-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tnutz144

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Had this for sale in September, and had a local buyer, but that fell through. Selling so I can buy my military time toward my retirement, which sucks for right now, but will be worth it on down the line...

Video link: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IQynnEYl08"]1970 Dodge Dart Swinger Video - YouTube[/ame]

(Tried to load it in the attachment but it wouldn't take it, so it's here...)

1970 Dodge Dart Swinger. It is a true Swinger with build sheet and fender tag, documented by Galen Govier. It is an original 318 car, but the 318 is long gone. It now has a 72 340 block .030 over, with an Eagle 416 stroker rotating assembly, complete with Eagle forged crank, Mahle 11 to 1 pistons, and a Comp Cams hydraulic roller 286/294 544/541 cam with matching Comp Cams hydraulic roller lifters, Smith Bros. push rods, Edelbrock aluminum heads, Edelbrock Victor 340 intake, Holley 750 double pumper carb with choke eliminator and 50cc accelerator pumps. It has Patriot ceramic coated headers with Magnaflow mufflers and 3” exhaust with turn downs before the rear axle. It has a Jegs aluminum radiator and an electric fan with temp activated control switch, aluminum pulleys, chrome alternator, vaccum pump, MSD 6AL box, Mopar Performance electronic distributor and Mopar Performance black valve covers and breather. The 904 auto transmission was just rebuilt in July 2011, with Kevlar bands and new clutches, and a 4.2 kickdown was added, along with a TCI Super Street Fighter 3500 stall converter and Turbo Action valve body that is full auto or manual select. It also has a chrome pan and a driveshaft loop off the crossmember. The rear end is a 8 ¼ sure grip with a Richmond 391 gear, new (2007) Mopar Performance springs, front spring lowering brackets, Competition Engineering shocks all around, and CalTracs installed last year. A new windshield was installed the year it was painted (2007, frame-up resto), and new carpet. The seats and dash are original, and are in very good shape (not perfect, but still pretty good). The front brakes were switched to disc from a 73 Scamp, and the power brake booster and master cylinder were rebuilt then as well. It is a factory A/C car, and I have all of the components to hook it back up. I also have the 14” steel wheels with tires, and a pair of Mickey Thompson street E/T’s on the same weld-type wheels that are on it now. It has won many local car show/cruise in trophies, and is a very sharp car. It is not perfect; there may be a small chip or scratch but not many. I drive this car wherever I wanna go, and I even take it on the freeway at 60-65 MPH (at 33-3400 RPM). Even on a hot day, I drive it for 25 minutes without stopping in town and on the freeway, and it never gets hotter than 190-195 degrees. It is a great street car that if you want, you can take it to the track and play with it (although I’ve only had it out during Mopar Nats 2-3 times, the last time it ran 12.82 on a 95 degree day and slipping the tires off the line, and I later found a vaccum issue that was fixed, so there's more there). If you want a strong running, beautiful A-Body, that doesn’t need too much of anything, this is it. There is so much more that I didn’t include, and I have a file about 3-4” thick of every receipt I’ve spent on the car.

Price is $17,000 FIRM…..cash or verified cashier’s check…no trades. Car is located in Central Ohio area.

I did a video of it running today, but it was very windy here and you can't hear it, so I will try to make another one and put it on here in the next few days if weather permits.

Attachments

• Dart Pics 2011 008.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 2,546
  • Dart Pics 2011 026.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 3,474
  • Dart Pics 2011 014.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 2,476
  • Dart Pics 2011 017.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 2,460
  • Dart Pics 2011 013.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 2,468
  • Dart Undercarriage 010.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 2,471
  • Dart Undercarriage 008.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 2,434
  • Dart Undercarriage 015.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 2,474
Very well priced , could hardly buy the engine and machine work for that , getting car for nothing .Good buy for somebody.

Thanks for all the comments!

Got the headrests at Mopar Nats and redid them myself...the color was almost a dead match, but it's close enough in my book.

Here's a video I did today of it running/driving:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzMn_FuhAeE"]1970 Dodge Dart-Running/Driving - YouTube[/ame]

I am friends with Terry , if you are looking for a really nice and driveable car I would not pass it up. If your looking for an a body mopar go take a look at it, you will not be disappointed .

Also...there is a stereo system in the car...AM/FM/CD with 2 amps and rear deck speakers and a box with 2 12" subs in the trunk...sounds good when the car is not running LOL....the stereo quit working a few months ago, and now it won't light up...I am not a whiz with stereos, but I think it may be the stereo head unit, so I am including another stereo with remote that the buyer can install. I had it mounted to the bottom of the passenger side of the dash because I didn't want to mess up the original dash.

Also, the headrests in the pics are NOT what is in the car now; the new ones are seen in the videos.

Had some lookers and tire kickers, and some low-ball offers, and a few trade offers, but still available....some of the offers were ridicuous...I did tell one guy I would go down to $16500, since I started at $18500 last fall....I won't go lower than that... I don't think I'm being unreasonable with what I've got in it....

That's gorgeous, good luck. I'm sure someone out there will pick it up.:burnout:

Can't believe I'm doing this....$16,000...last time I'm dropping it...I've had a few offers close to that but I'm not going lower.

No longer for sale...I changed my mind...I'll keep it instead of having some of the outrageous offers I was getting for it. Not a good time to sell right now, and I don't have to sell it. I can buy my military time anytime (although it will cost me more the longer I wait), so I'll just hang on to it and enjoy it. Thanks for all the nice comments. (Wish the moron on Racing Junk.com that said he would be doing me a favor by taking it off my hands for $11,500 could see them.)

Know what you mean Terry, I had a couple of tards figure I was going to give the Demon away, well screw em. I even had 2 guys figured I should trade for their Harleys until I told the last *** hat that 20K cash and his Harley for my Demon. So far I've sold 2 cars to guys out of know where, just showed up with the money and who knows maybe you'll get lucky too. Boats next.:D

Terry

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back