1970 duster project

-
everything is always for sale being new here i couldnt list it for sale without having several posts but yes it is i would like to move it to someone that would finish it the right way and give it a good home before i get too attached to it it is a stunning ride.

everything is always for sale being new here i couldnt list it for sale without having several posts but yes it is i would like to move it to someone that would finish it the right way and give it a good home before i get too attached to it it is a stunning ride.
Haha, sounds like it is already too late, your in her clutches now:toothy10:

Love the car especially how clean and smooth the engine, rad support, and dash are. But I have a couple questions:

- Is it me or are the fenders welded to the car? I do not see any fender bolts?
- what's the plan for the tail end trunk key area with that big recess?
- Is the dash welded in as well? Looks welded to the roll cage. (I do like the lack of dash pad)

Great build and can't wait to see what you do with it along the way.

all very great questions as you see every seam was carefully welded and smoothed including the fender bolts i studded them through the top and welded them and groud them flush so they are bolted from the bottom not welded on this allows for adjustment the large hole in the back is for a parachute so the trunk latch was moved over 6"s and what a pain in the *** to do for so little gain but totally different than any other car and last thing as you see every marker gas abd key hole were also shaved there is a keyless entry system that opens the doors and the trunk with a keyless remote which will be very cool and different all valid questions thanks the previous owner started it i wouldnt have done the parachute or all the chrome but he was old school drag car guy that loved the world of wheels shows with lots of chrome and mirrors everywhere definately not for everyone the first thing i ditched was the large aluminum pro stock wing on the back bye bye it was horendous keep the questions coming i like answering them

sorry i didnot touch on the dash yes its very cool now i changed what he had to this he wanted an aluminum dash this is much cooler that it is molded in with the gauge pod built into the bottom just enough room in the middle pod for tach and speedo
ive seen another blue duster in the buildsthat done the same thing with the dash and roll cage it looks great

bolted fenders from the underside, very nice subtle mod!!! I would have never thought of that to clean up the engine bay, time consuming I'm sure, but it does make for a slick clean look you do not see anywhere. Nice job... would love to see some more pics of this build if you wouldn't mind emailing them. Its a great inspiration project. [email protected] feel free to send all and any you have. I love what I am seeing.

sorry i didnot touch on the dash yes its very cool now i changed what he had to this he wanted an aluminum dash this is much cooler that it is molded in with the gauge pod built into the bottom just enough room in the middle pod for tach and speedo
ive seen another blue duster in the buildsthat done the same thing with the dash and roll cage it looks great

You definitely have a unique dash there. why did you have to build out the AC control area? Just for looks? or to fit your radio plans?

originally it was going to be for all the switch panels bu now i think i will integrate it in to a double dinn dvd gps cd player and move the switches on the dash somewhere i figured i would cross that when i got there right now im focusing on getting it rolling and the dynamat installed i still have to finish the top end of the motor and get it painted im building the rear end and front k member right now

im also building two other cars right now so my mind and resources are frazzeled
fun build 1940 dodge business coupe gasser with 331 blown hemi
and a 1969 dodge daytona pro touring car luckily my buddy is doing most of the metal fab work on the daytona since i have no time

Attachments

• 235.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 827
  • daytona 006.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 817
  • i phone pics 023.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 829
I thought building (2) demon's and remodeling my house was more than I could chew....but geez (3) cars at once and keeping it all straight.... My hats off to you. I actually have my buddy Mopar Al helping me with metal work on one of my Demon's. Good to know people we can trust to work on our projects.

wayyyyy to coool stuff...you definatly have an eye....Mopar to ya"

Hey unrulyprocuda, I'm curious what you are using for wheels and how they are mounted to that frame?

if its the daytona that you are refering to they are billet specialties wheels and i just have them sitting there to see where ride height would be
im actually using an 8 3/4 rear end with air ride triangulated four bar system with air ride
if you are refering to the duster its a back braced 8 3/4 rearend with superstock springs and ladder bars all is completely chrome i will update with pics very soo im putting it together now thanks

Sweet ride! I think that color loos awesome! I'm not a big fan of Chrome myself but it will make for a very eye-catching car. Are you set on 18's and 20's? Because 17's and 18's look really great with the duster's proportions and don't look cartoonish like the bigger wheels do.

I only have two dusters that I'm working on, if you don't count trying to keep one of my two daily drivers going. 3 full projects is pretty serious, but all three look great!

thanks guys for words of inspiration i think we all need this to keep going just thought id share a pic of my summer cruiser this is what you will always see me in 1968 gtx convertible installed a 5.7 hemi this past spring for a great driver

Attachments

• goodguys show 181.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 924
  • goodguys show 125.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 910
  • goodguys show 001.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 932
  • daytona 010.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 922
  • daytona 015.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 916
Hi, I just looked at your pics. I LOVE the car. I also considered that color for mine. My painter uses all PPG. Check mine out on member restorations under hunky. 1 Comment I think you messed up by not puting pipe from the firewall to the frame rails. I made the same mistake and i am kicking myself now. The front shock mounts will not support coil overs. If i were you at this stage i would still do it. Hunky

yea thats probably a great idea and if the car wasnt done and ready to put together i would make those changes but i already have the shocks chrome plated and ready to install but i always appretiate constructive critisism thanks

Me too John i have already been kinda planning on things to do this spring and summer bring on the nice weather
living somewhere that has 364 days of sunshine and warmth would be mighty nice also see ya round come over sometime and check out the dusta

Yes.....I could stand for warm weather 365-24-7........ ya I know, I want to see the Dusta .....im just afraid Ill sell my house and buy that car.....need a house? ....... LOL :toothy10:

-
Back