1970 Plymouth Duster 340

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
the black electrical tape on the ducts under the dash is not concourse confdition, neither it the condition of the gas filler necks in the trunk....and how is it a 100% if he opted to keep the correct moulding off the car????????????

i love how they claim it is so correct, when it is not, but still a nice car!

I don't think it has the correct trim rings either.

hes got a superbird in the back ground and looks like 68-69 roadrunner tail light

Always love the 1 of 1 thing... 1 of 1 in the Galens registry, which doesn't mean squat!

Looks like a decent car. Not "concourse" de elegance level.

Would it not have come with the chrome exhaust tips as well ? Are the heater hoses correct ? Dont remember the writing on them looking like that. The white 72 Duster that is for sale on here looks like a lot nicer car and more original.

"Never again a restoration of this magnitude will be found on such a rare Mopar"

Whatever......:tard:

The battery, trim rings, and tires are wrong. Deleted the side mouldings and added a go wing?? Not exactly %100 correct. The battery cable ends look well used too. Didn't 70 340 Dusters have a "Valiant" emblem on the front fender instead of "Duster 340"? Very nice car but crappy presentation!!

wrong trunk decklid, the ridge didn't come till mid/late 71

Somebody did a nice job on that car and if my fish is near as nice when I get "done" I will be tickled pink. Don't think the fender tag being bent where they pried it off and replaced after paint is 100 points as is the undercoated spray can job on the bottom. What is that dent in the rear valence inboard of where the ex is exiting now?

Great looking car I think any of us would be proud to own it but, he spent how much on the resto and he's not going to keep it???? 65k wow!!! he could buy two Duster's.

Would it not have come with the chrome exhaust tips as well ? Are the heater hoses correct ? Dont remember the writing on them looking like that. The white 72 Duster that is for sale on here looks like a lot nicer car and more original.

I knew if I didn't say anything you guys would chime in....:D

After he spent 65k on the resto I can't help but wonder what he would be willing to let it go for. Ya right.

Did 70 dusters come with the tube on the drivers side of the trunk behind the wheel house and the two hose breather. I thought this was 71 only

First duster I have seen with the tail light dusty things in the trunk. Someone had a pair on here for sale a while back.. I'd drive the heck out of it and a couple of my test miles would be side ways

Los Angeles CA built 70 Dusters and others that had N95 had the tube on the right side and 2 hose breather

Nice car, but I have never seen over-spray on a trunk jack on any Mopar that I have owned.

Concours cars don't have radial t/a's on them.
The filler tube for the gas tank is pretty groty for a 'concours'' type car as well.
This is over and above all of the things mentioned by everyone else.
Nice car and probably worth the money, but it is hardly concours as represented.
Barrett Jackson here we come.

In 1970 my Dad bought a hemi orange 340 duster for me that had the side mouldings instead of stripes so I do not think that car is so rare. My car was oddly optioned in that it had a 3- speed manual with 3.91 sure grip. It had the deluxe steering wheel that when chosen also included the factory tach. It was painted two tone with black top and had the go wing. The turn down exhaust tips were standard in 1970. I would give my right nut to have that car again.

First duster I have seen with the tail light dusty things in the trunk. Someone had a pair on here for sale a while back.. I'd drive the heck out of it and a couple of my test miles would be side ways

are you talking about the covers over the light in the truck?????if so my 70 duster came with them...nice car but man thats a lot of cash...:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back