1970 Plymouth Valiant - $1495 (craigslist Arkansas)

-

1970dartcustom

of the Moore clan
Reaction score
1970 Plymouth Valiant - $1495
3 speed, factory standard stick shift
1970 Plymouth Valiant

valiant22.jpg

It surprises me that people who are not interested in buying continually offer a running commentary usually to the negative side about what they think of the car. If you don't have anything good to say, don't say it at all.

It surprises me that people who are not interested in buying continually offer a running commentary usually to the negative side about what they think of the car. If you don't have anything good to say, don't say it at all.
Ha! Sounds like my Grandma! :)

I just like to post interesting Mopars I find online for people to see and who knows they might want.... Its fun!

Dear God, not discussion on a discussion forum!

So we're only supposed to say things that you perceive as nice, truth be damned?

It's a $1500 rusty parts car with a slant six and an undesirable tranny, it ain't worth it.

Very cool! The 1970 Valiants with a 3-speed on the floor seam to be pretty scarce, the only other one I have seen so far has a 318.

And then there's the people that have commentary on commentary.

I think it's worth it, and i wouldn't be surprised if it has an 8 3/4 in it.
All i know is that if it was reasonably local to me, i would be there right now dealing on it.
The rust is minor in my books, some people have been spoiled.
Wow, it never ceases to amaze me how much people hate 4 doors.......

Lots of more-door haters & paint color bigots in the Mopar world, it is sad. :-(

It has nothing to do with "the mopar world"
4 doors aren't valuable cars and slant six 3 speed rusty 4 doors are nothing but donors or winter transportation.
Ford, Chevy, Dodge, it doesn't matter. You can have nice driver 4 door cars but they will never have the value of a 2 door. It's reality.
Maybe you'd pay $1500 for that car, I think it's $1000 to high.

Value?

Love of a car has nothing to do with money. ;-)

4 doors arent AS valuable, on models where 2 doors are the standard, but they still hold value. (This is completely opposite with trucks.) 4 door abodies in this shape average 1000-1500...

Some weird people are actually looking specifically for small 4 door mopars.

:)

Instead of "like" I will click on the "agree" checkmark.
[Ford, Chevy, Dodge, it doesn't matter. You can have nice driver 4 door cars but they will never have the value of a 2 door. It's reality.]

People who spend money on hobby cars do it for themselves, and maybe on opposite sex passenger. And the hobby is mainly dominated by the racer culture, it is obvious that lighter, sportier appearing cars will hold more value in that market. People into luxury buy new, most often.

The truck market being the oddball here.

There has been a recent resurgence in station wagon interest in the car shows and hobbyist market, interesting enough.

I just visited a hotrod shop in maine that was doing a coronet wagon body on a hemi magnum chassis... which was fn fantastic.

Regardless, it is easy to asses the value of that vehicle in parts alone to around 1000, easily.

72Valiant4Door, you are welcome to visit anytime, you 'get it'. :)

It is not about money, never has been. The value is in finding & driving what you like, regardless of color or how many doors it may have.
moredoor, pa.JPG

This is the only other 1970 Valiant with a 3-speed on the floor I have ever seen & when it came up for sale, I had to have it. :)
1970 valiant D13.JPG

new gas tank several years ago, and now its unuseable? Ive started cars in storage for 10 years with a battery and a shot of real gas in the carb and they ran...for several days! that aint bad for a manual trans 'vintage' car out here.

-
Back