"1970 Pro Touring Dart Build"

-
Looks like your having the same issue I'm having with the glove box door. I'd decided to remove the aluminum round part and open up the hole and use the plastic cover over the aluminum cover.

That's my plan for tomorrow at least....

Riddler

Yeah. The glove box door has been a royal pain in the *** to get fitted.

Did you have overlap from the gauge panel to the glove box panel?

2012-06-01_19-34-24_669.jpg

The over hang.
2012-06-01_19-29-57_585.jpg

Is your glove box the same height as the gauge panel?
2012-05-29_19-51-22_246.jpg

My gauge panel had 1/4+ inch over lap onto the glove box panel. That is with the gauge panel being centered on the steering column.
I had to massage the glove box so that I could close it and have a nice gap between the panels.
I measured the length of the gauge panel and sent it to Peak Dashes. They said that's the appropriate length... for who's dash I don't know.

Believe me, I like the dash and the style. Just frustrated in how much f'n around i'm having to do to get it in. For the cost of the piece it should have slide right in after the reliefs were cut in the old dash.

Such is the life of hot rodding I guess.

Maybe I'm spoiled from working with Denny that I expect A++ service and parts from everyone else.

Did you have overlap from the gauge panel to the glove box panel?

My gauge panel had 1/4+ inch over lap onto the glove box panel. That is with the gauge panel being centered on the steering column.
I had to massage the glove box so that I could close it and have a nice gap between the panels.
I measured the length of the gauge panel and sent it to Peak Dashes. They said that's the appropriate length... for who's dash I don't know.

Believe me, I like the dash and the style. Just frustrated in how much f'n around i'm having to do to get it in. For the cost of the piece it should have slide right in after the reliefs were cut in the old dash.

Such is the life of hot rodding I guess.

Maybe I'm spoiled from working with Denny that I expect A++ service and parts from everyone else.

Shawn,
My Dash insert is finally done and should be shipping out today hopefully. I told Mark to not drill any of the mounting holes after reading about your issues, hopefully that will make alignment a little less of a headache. The glove box latch might be another problem I have the latch style also...maybe I should have converted to the push button, I guess time will tell. Love the color and all the cool stuff your adding...seems were on the same thought as far as parts go, it's a shame you dont live closer we could get a volume discount. Keep up the great work.

Shawn,
My Dash insert is finally done and should be shipping out today hopefully. I told Mark to not drill any of the mounting holes after reading about your issues, hopefully that will make alignment a little less of a headache. The glove box latch might be another problem I have the latch style also...maybe I should have converted to the push button, I guess time will tell. Love the color and all the cool stuff your adding...seems were on the same thought as far as parts go, it's a shame you dont live closer we could get a volume discount. Keep up the great work.

Thanks Ross.
Did you run into the manufacturing issues with Peak also?
Hopefully you avoid my fitment issues.

Parts wise, we have very similar ideas.
I think if we lived near each other we would have talked ourselves into 6.1ltr hemi's backed by 727's with a gear vendors OD a while ago. :D

Thanks Ross.
Did you run into the manufacturing issues with Peak also?
Hopefully you avoid my fitment issues.

Parts wise, we have very similar ideas.
I think if we lived near each other we would have talked ourselves into 6.1ltr hemi's backed by 727's with a gear vendors OD a while ago. :D

I ran into broken machines and re-designing the 5" main holes. Heres a sneak peak of whats on the way ...I hope the glove box door is just sitting there crooked, not aligned that way. without the mounting holes I hope I have some wiggle room for adjustment.

The 6.1 would be cool but for that much $$$$$ I can make a really mean small block with lots of trick goodies....Billet Bling on the way with a twist ...of course !!!!

Attachments

• dash.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 1,144
Good call on not having the holes drilled. Keep me informed on how your fits.

Took a picture with the good camera. And I still can't capture the color correctly. Cameras have a real hard time with this color.
Even the factory car I got the color from shows up different in every picture I've seen.

3 stage paints are awesome.
Can't wait to see how it shows off the body lines of the hood and the rest of the car.

Dart-Paint-Choice.jpg

I got my glove box door. I had some issues that you had but was able to adjust and massage the door enough so that it work. THe glove box door is suppose to be slightly smaller as the dash pad goes over the main dash but the glove box needs that little bit less so it can open and close and not catch the dash pad.

Check out my build for my pictures. I changed up the way the glove box door a little after not being able to get the latch working.

Riddler

THe glove box door is suppose to be slightly smaller as the dash pad goes over the main dash but the glove box needs that little bit less so it can open and close and not catch the dash pad.

Riddler

Makes perfect sense now.

thats alot of money for the dash for it not to fit!!!

My thoughts also. It took long enough to get it here, I wasn't about to ship it back and wait another 2 months.
Hope he works out the kinks since this is his first run of the dashes.

Nice job looks kick ***.... Got a question about your RADIATOR??? The part # 1- 25242-x that they sale at summit looks nothing like yours WHY??? Or is the picture in the catalog wrong. Is there something I'm just not seeing or did you do some mods to the Radiator to give it that clean look on the tanks.

THANK for your time...... PETE

Nice job looks kick ***.... Got a question about your RADIATOR??? The part # 1- 25242-x that they sale at summit looks nothing like yours WHY??? Or is the picture in the catalog wrong. Is there something I'm just not seeing or did you do some mods to the Radiator to give it that clean look on the tanks.

THANK for your time...... PETE

Thanks!

Here is the one I bought.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/GRI-1-25242-XS/

Only mod was having mounting ears welded to the sides.

Took a picture with the good camera. And I still can't capture the color correctly. Cameras have a real hard time with this color.
Even the factory car I got the color from shows up different in every picture I've seen.

3 stage paints are awesome.
Can't wait to see how it shows off the body lines of the hood and the rest of the car.

Dart-Paint-Choice.jpg

That looks fantastic. :thumblef:

I'd love a radiator just like that but I need the outlets on the opposite ends for the 3rd gen Hemi's.

Riddler

Thank you AnthonyA That part # will help me out just fine THANKS!!!

PETE --------------------->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Fuel pump is mounted, working on fuel lines and break lines now.
2012-06-29_21-38-32_780.jpg

2012-06-29_21-58-26_630.jpg

View from the back side.
2012-06-29_22-28-14_696.jpg

Put the headers in place so I can see where the lines need to run to avoid the exhaust.
I'm pretty dang happy with the Dougs headers so far. They fit like a glove.
2012-06-29_22-14-45_454.jpg

Dandy. Headers are up and tight ......and appear an even height off the floor. Nice job Dougs Headers

Nice job, looks well thought out. The fuel pump is something else I should buy and mount before it goes bye-bye to paint.

-
Back