"1970 Pro Touring Dart Build"

-
Its in cold storage right now. Hard to work on anything outside when the highs with the windchill have been -10F lately.
No progress has been made. I hit it to hard for to long and I'm thankful for the reprieve.
Plus I need to save up money for the interior, motor, transmission and all the small parts.

the first time i just peeked at this build well i sat down tonight and read the whole thing this is a great build love the color and the way you did the dash is just out standing! take a break from it and then come back and finish, i can't wait to see it finished

Did you paint your underside body color but paint the rails black? I was thinking of doing a similar thing with my car and was wondering how yours looks.

Did you paint your underside body color but paint the rails black? I was thinking of doing a similar thing with my car and was wondering how yours looks.

Back a few pages you will see more pictures of underneath.
Its all painted black.
2012-10-17_19-18-04_154.jpg

Wow, this is how I want to do my 70 dart in a way. I had a question, how did you do the dash? Did you weld in a patch where the hole was for the gauge cluster?

nope. I cut out a huge area to fit the new cluster in.

One day while I was mentally recouping from the Dart build binge.
It stuck me that life just doesn't have enough thrill so I bought a dual sport bike.
2012 Suzuki DRZ400S

I'm wishing I would have just got a 2 stroke dirt bike instead but we shall see how this things demeanor changes when the new parts get here.
My wife talked me into getting a dual sport because I could legally drive it on and off the road. I'm primarily going to be driving this in thick woods so the road ability is only of slight use to keep me out of trouble the DNR if i have to take a road.

Dumped it twice due to the shitty off road capability of the stock tires.
They call the stock tires death wings for a reason.

I already changed out the foot pegs and replaced the 15 tooth sprocket with a 14 tooth. It gives the bike a lot more low end and it will power wheelie in 1st now. :toothy7:

New parts should make it much more enjoyable to ride.
Kenda K760 Trackmaster II rear tire
Pirelli - Scorpion XCMH front tire
Various tools to change the tires myself
Pro Taper - KX high handle bars
And most importantly an Acerbis Cosmo MX chest/back protection.

I'm hoping to get going on the build again in the spring.
I've looked in on it in storage a couple times and the shiver/cringes have subsided.
Lots of small and big stuff to do yet. But at least the body work is done.

Been a while, any updates? I am incapacitated for a couple of months, I need car ****.
Also, Who makes the steering column?

No updates. Been busy with to many other things.

If memory serves me correctly it was a steering column I bought from Summit.

I just spent my morning going through this thread. Absolutely stunning job man!
I'm an associate editor at ProTouring Magazine. It's a magazine that Harris Publications is releasing this spring! It'll be awesome. I would really, really like to do a feature on your car when finished. By then, we will probably be out of the print age though! 😉

Also, I run @ClassicsDaily, a large classic car instagram page. I'm about to post up a few pics of your car on there if you'd like to see everybody's response to it to give you a little fuel to work on it!

I will definitely be subscribing to this thread.
Thanks,
Kaleb Kelley
Instagram.com/ClassicsDaily

Thank you for the compliments. I want to get back at it, but it's not in the cards right now.
if you use any of the pictures just give credit where it's due.

when you get ready to get back to it....I have at least one update/ new improved for you......no charge

That steering setup.... :twisted::twisted::twisted:

What's that setup run? If you don't mind me asking...

Hey Denny,

How's the progress on the factory cool-over swap coming? I can't wait to see some photos of that!!

-Alex

( Sorry to high jack your thread)

Thanks HemiDenny... you've got mail...

ClassicsDaily... I follow you on instagram... you featured my friends LS swapped 63 impala... =)

Yeap... that's the one... Now we're doing my Dart... haha...

Im on instagram as @aperez9 I think you've liked some of my progress pics...

The build on this thread is definitely amazing.

-
Back