1970 Road Runner

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my replacement I have been wanting a 1971 for 10 years now.I hate to see the 70 go but its time for a change.My new 71 originally was a FE5 red 383 3 speed no option car not even a radio.Now its purple,pistol grip 4 speed.bucket seats,air grabber,chin spoliers,gull wing ,backlight louver,machine gun tips,power steering,disc brake car,and still no radio.Very solid driver.

Purple Runner.jpg

roadrunner%20ebay%20pics%20%2845%29[1].jpg

Just for and update, it's been a few weeks since I took possession of the Roadrunner but I thought I'd share a couple pictures from that day.

The first two pictures were from when I finally saw the car in person in a rest area near the border crossing in Blaine WA.I had'nt talked to the truck driver that day so was'nt sure if he was there yet or if I was even in the right place to meet him so was just wandering down the road looking for a place he would be able to pull over and unload.I spotted a sort of rest area with a bunch of trucks off the road and headed over for a look but did'nt see the transport truck right away as it was behind several other trucks but after weaving around several other semis I finally got my first look in person at the 'Runner.It was quite a sight to see,the lime green definitely stands out,even on a grey winter day.

The third and forth pictures were taken at the ferry terminal on the way back to Victoria.There's a couple miles of straight road before you get there with water on both sides and no place for the cops to hide so I thought I'd blow a little carbon out of the motor,car was nice and stable at 100+...

The last was taken near a friends work back in Victoria.It was dusk and I thought the light would be good for a picture and it turned out pretty good.

DSCF0002 (Large).jpg

DSCF0003 (Large).jpg

DSCF0004 (Large).jpg

DSCF0005 (Large).jpg

DSCF0006 (Large).jpg

Put the cars side by side,i would have a really hard time choosing which one.
Good luck with your new one,the heart knows best,and when your at that point,nothing else matters.

glad to hear the cross-border transaction went smooth, thats something that scares me about buying from the states :p

glad to hear the cross-border transaction went smooth, thats something that scares me about buying from the states :p

Actually the process is pretty straightforward but before buying a car you have to make sure you can get the original title (not a copy) and have it with you when you export the car from the US and bring it into Canada.
Also,get a written bill of sale from the owner with the VIN and the the amount paid.More on that in a sec.

I'd recommend that you be honest about what you paid for the car when you declare it at the Canadian customs office.They will want some sort of proof to collect their beloved GST so bring all reciepts from the bank draft,wire transfer or money order plus the bill of sale with the amount paid.The bill of sale I had did'nt have the price and I did'nt think it would be a big deal but I went through a different crossing from where I have brought cars in before and they wanted proof of what I told them I paid for the car.Luckily this thread was still up on FABO so directed the woman at customs to this site so she could verify it.

There's another tread on here that goes into more detail on the paperwork process but overall,it's pretty routine and then it's just a matter of logistics.

i have a 72 demon, 70 "r" code 340, i am looking to trade. i love the car but bought it locally and would like to have something different. i think we talked about this last year. please pm me and let me know what kind of $ dollars + the demon it would take. i will also email more pics and info. i also have a 65 dart gt straight body cracked block.

1972 dodge demon 002.jpg

1972 dodge demon 012.jpg

cars-car shows 009.jpg

moab 2008 034.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back