1970 Roadrunner (craigslist, Oklahoma city) Just posting for fun...

-

1970dartcustom

of the Moore clan
Reaction score
Pretty cool car! Not sure if its worth that much with no motor or tranny n needing full resto tho... (12,500)
1970 roadrunner

rr.jpg

rr2.jpg

And well done @70DartCustom. These kinds of posts do belong in the "Mopar general discussion" forums so we can have a conversation about it. Thanks! toolmanmike (moderator)

I think it's neat! I would throw the 1st good running "cheap" big block I found in it. Even if it was a 400 from a 77 Chrysler.

did YOU really just say that!!?? It's a good thing I am sitting down.
I think what he really did was declare that unless a 340 has every advantage, like a light weight car, it has no chance against a big block :D

I think what he really did was declare that unless a 340 has every advantage, like a light weight car, it has no chance against a big block :D
I think a big HP small block would kick *** in that car.. all things being equal (as in both having the same HP) - between a small block or a big block - I would go with the LA every time

Think of all the room and header clearance. Stuff an aluminum headed MRL 408 with oh say, a mild 475 hp. Driveability, actually wants to go around corners, etc. If I only had the money. Win, win.

I think a big HP small block would kick *** in that car.. all things being equal (as in both having the same HP) - between a small block or a big block - I would go with the LA every time
yeah, but in mild street builds (9 to 1, dual plane intake, under .500 lift, mild home porting), a good goal is 1 horsepower per cubic inch. In other words, same money, same build and builder, you get 440 horses + monster torque vs (lets say) 360 horses, and not as much torque.

Think of all the room and header clearance. Stuff an aluminum headed MRL 408 with oh say, a mild 475 hp. Driveability, actually wants to go around corners, etc. If I only had the money. Win, win.
Or you could go slant six with a turbo charger.....

How would a 2.5 turbo from a 1989 Dodge caravan hooked to a 5 speed from a 4cyl Dakota pull it? Lots of room under the hood, and nobody would ever guess what was pulling that bird... :D

yeah, but in mild street builds (9 to 1, dual plane intake, under .500 lift, mild home porting), a good goal is 1 horsepower per cubic inch. In other words, same money, same build and builder, you get 440 horses + monster torque vs (lets say) 360 horses, and not as much torque.
I hear ya - but I did say equal HP.. if they both have say 475 like fratzog suggested - (and I am just playing what-if here) - a small block has the weight advantage...

I hear ya - but I did say equal HP.. if they both have say 475 like fratzog suggested - (and I am just playing what-if here) - a small block has the weight advantage...
my sister had a 70 coronet 4 door with a 318 that would fry the 14" tires to no end.... :)

How would a 2.5 turbo from a 1989 Dodge caravan hooked to a 5 speed from a 4cyl Dakota pull it? Lots of room under the hood, and nobody would ever guess what was pulling that bird... :D
that would make some people sh*t when you popped the hood!! :lol:

Is it worth what he/she is asking Yes..JMO :thankyou:
yeah, grab a 500 dollar 440/727 from a 76 New Yorker from CL and stuff it in their. Throw some lower 1/4's on it and it'll bring 18k on ebay

yeah, grab a 500 dollar 440/727 from a 76 New Yorker from CL and stuff it in their. Throw some lower 1/4's on it and it'll bring 18k on ebay
I agree, if not more in a couple years :thumbsup: thinking $24k by then :welcome: I would offer him/Her $8.2 k and get it if I had the monies :popcorn:

I think it's worth every penny of the asking price, if the paperwork is good.
The wiring coming out from under the dash looks pretty shoddy though.........
I would throw a big block and a 4 speed back in it and drive it as is!

-
Back