1970 Valiant POST car

-
Reason I asked, I finally got the owner ( son of old guy that has a large bone yard) 6 hrs away, to send the vin # ( no title) it reads VL2306Gxxxxxx, what the heck??? I guess his numbers are all mixed up ??? , 23 I guess is post coupe, he must have mixed up the vin #? He thinks it was a was a 318 car ( so G eng. code) he said, ...maybe 6 for the years not 0!! THIS car is a 2 door post car. 76 couldhave been 318 car 2 door post?? I never has seen pics of front and back, maybe it is a Mex. Valiant hybrid whatever they would have called it.????? Probably a 76 model in post configuration and he transposed the vin # ????? Maybe his help has trouble with English and numbers!?
I guess in 70 all 2 doors were Valiant dusters, come to think of it. I have had one '70 duster ( valiant), but lots of 71-6 dusters. Never had any Valaints.

Reason I asked, I finally got the owner ( son of old guy that has a large bone yard) 6 hrs away, to send the vin # ( no title) it reads VL2306Gxxxxxx, what the heck??? I guess his numbers are all mixed up ??? , 23 I guess is post coupe, he must have mixed up the vin #? He thinks it was a was a 318 car ( so G eng. code) he said, ...maybe 6 for the years not 0!! THIS car is a 2 door post car. 76 couldhave been 318 car 2 door post?? I never has seen pics of front and back, maybe it is a Mex. Valiant hybrid whatever they would have called it.????? Probably a 76 model in post configuration and he transposed the vin # ????? Maybe his help has trouble with English and numbers!?

I did find the Hamtract registry info... It shows for 76 duster and a 4 door val. and a 2 door hardtop val. No 2 door post, I have no idea what this car is!?????????????? lol

I finally found a few pics of this sucker, It is a Plymouth hardtop, the taillights are horizontal and above and not in the bumper. So with the confused vin he sent, I guess it is a "76 VL ( low price ply) G 318 car. Was that called a Scamp? Only reason I had any interest to begin with was supposed to be pretty much???? rust free, manual floor shift 318 car. It does not bother me if a later model year if straight and solid.

Sounds like a good find!
Honestly, i think the '73 and up cars were not given the respect they deserve.
Being a '76, a few tip offs would be amber front turn signals, emergency brake to the side by the kick panel (foot push) instead of mounted to the bottom of the dash, (hand pull), and if it was built after January 1st, it would have disc brakes on the front with big bolt pattern wheels all the way around.
The V.I.N. would be VL23G6 XXXXXXX and it would be a Scamp 2 door hardtop.
The 2 door post Valiants ended production after the '69 model year.
Hopefully, it was a 4 speed O/D car instead of a 3 speed floor shift car, but either would be cool in my book especially if it was pretty much rust free!

Sounds like a good find!
Honestly, i think the '73 and up cars were not given the respect they deserve.
Being a '76, a few tip offs would be amber front turn signals, emergency brake to the side by the kick panel (foot push) instead of mounted to the bottom of the dash, (hand pull), and if it was built after January 1st, it would have disc brakes on the front with big bolt pattern wheels all the way around.
The V.I.N. would be VL23G6 XXXXXXX and it would be a Scamp 2 door hardtop.
The 2 door post Valiants ended production after the '69 model year.
Hopefully, it was a 4 speed O/D car instead of a 3 speed floor shift car, but either would be cool in my book especially if it was pretty much rust free!
I finally found more pics, not as solid as he said, this I can even see from the pics but,,,,,looks like original ? black car maybe, roller, missing seats, but seat belts there, all dash, pedals,.... back bumper has been tweaked on ends some, I have a decent 67 dart to look at next mon 4 - 3 hrs north priced right with good 360. I f that doesn't panot I will look at this Scamp in couple weeks when I have to make a 550 mi trip to my old home place.
Takes a lot of looking now days to see any project worth buying and priced decent. Usually when I see one it is either 1000 mi away or from MI!!!!!! NOoooooooooo. LOL

I finally found more pics, not as solid as he said, this I can even see from the pics but,,,,,looks like original ? black car maybe, roller, missing seats, but seat belts there, all dash, pedals,.... back bumper has been tweaked on ends some, I have a decent 67 dart to look at next mon 4 - 3 hrs north priced right with good 360. I f that doesn't panot I will look at this Scamp in couple weeks when I have to make a 550 mi trip to my old home place.
Takes a lot of looking now days to see any project worth buying and priced decent. Usually when I see one it is either 1000 mi away or from MI!!!!!! NOoooooooooo. LOL
Sounds good.
The '67 sounds good on paper, but as you know, you have to go look at it in person.
Too bad you live so far away, i have a few decent projects for cheap.
We're looking at around 2,000 miles............. lol!

The 67 dart is pretty solid, some lower qtr rust, someone has fixed floor some, good running 360 with it, $1200 w title. worth the $... the other car no title, which I can get. its a roller, $1000, needs seats, grill, and a taillite. I have a good 318/trans sitting here for it. But a 76 looks like. I figure the dart is the one for me no doubt. I would love a 70-2 with the taillites in the bumper, I think they are cool. Everytime I see one as a project, it is either 5 states away, priced 3 times more than its worth to me, a rusted out turd, remains of a parts car, or wrecked!!!!!! LOL

I guess in 70 all 2 doors were Valiant dusters, come to think of it. I have had one '70 duster ( valiant), but lots of 71-6 dusters. Never had any Valaints.

23 is hardtop
21 is post

-
Back