1970 vs 1971 Dart bumper, which looks better?

Which Dart/Scamp bumper looks better?

• 1970 Bumper

Votes: 59 66.3%
  • 1971 Bumper

Votes: 21 23.6%
  • Neither, '70-'73 A-bodies aren't my cup o tea

Votes: 9 10.1%

• Total voters
-
Hey dan, is there a way to modify the 70 tail light assembly like you posted for the 71-73 lights?

Not easily. It would require custom colorless lenses and custom LED boards (which are not as simple as a lot of vendors make it out to be) or a lens-shaped plate and several of these or these (less expensive here but you have to page through a not-very-good website design to find 'em) mounted in a row with no outer rings, just the "inner" 55mm units mounted through the lens-shaped plate. Then we'd have to figure out where to put the red rear reflectors. Haven't measured; might be room for a red reflector + 3 of the round modules (stop/tail, reverse, turn).

I'm not 100% on which bumper belongs on what year. I've got the single lamp assemblies on either side. I like them more than the split stop-turn-tails. Maybe my bumper isn't correct for my year. I have a 72 Scamp.

It looks like a '71 to me because the rear marker lights are sunk in as to where the '72's have marker lights that are on the outside of the quarter panel..

I like both styles, but I'm considering converting all 4 rear lenses in my '71 Swinger into parking / brake / turn signal lights - using an extra set of the outer lights to replace the back-up lights. It would give twice as much visibility toward the rear... but then I'd have no lights for reverse...

seems to me 72 scamps didnt have the chrome around the side marker lights.just an observation.....

I like either style better than this one, maybe I'm just weird....

30090264003_large.jpg

I like both styles, but I'm considering converting all 4 rear lenses in my '71 Swinger into parking / brake / turn signal lights - using an extra set of the outer lights to replace the back-up lights. It would give twice as much visibility toward the rear... but then I'd have no lights for reverse...
If you really wanna, you can graft in the reverse lights from a '68 Charger. All mopar baby:glasses7:

I vote for 70, if you need more brake light install a brake light in the rear window. I'm either going to do that or get some really bright LED brake lights.

If you really wanna, you can graft in the reverse lights from a '68 Charger. All mopar baby:glasses7:

I was thinking of a flush installation of a clear lens light on each side of the rear license plate, there's a little space between the plate and the opening, might have to mod the crease that's there just a little to widen it.

-
Back