chuckwagon2004

71 dartswinger
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
5000.00 OBO
Location - Palestine Texas
Due to changes in my work schedule and moving to a new home (No Shop) here pretty quick I have decided to sell my 71 Dart Swinger. I bought the car from a guy that had it a few years here in Texas but prior to that it spent 31 years or so getting driven around by an older gentleman in New Mexico I believe. There is very little rust on the car. The areas that are normally rusted through around windows, floorboards, rockers etc are in very good shape… It was a vinyl top car and one of the first things I did was pull the glass and top to see what the damage was. I should have put the glass back in and a new vinyl top but I am hard headed and wanted to do a ground up on the car. The car has been stripped down for body work and is currently on a dolly that will go with the car. The 318 and 904 transmission are still bucked together and was planning on letting them go with the car. Both were working fine when removed from the car. The interior has been removed and placed into storage in my storage building. The driver’s side of the front seat had a small tear in it but everything else needed a good cleaning and that’s about it. Drivers side fender has some wrinkle in it from when a tire came apart. There is some damage to the right quarter as well that I think a decent body man can straighten out. Doors are about as good as you can find, The hood and deck lid both are in excellent condition. This car is a solid platform to start with and has one small spot where the battery tray sat that rusted through as well as a small spot on each quarter panel where the guy before me put wheel spacers/adapters on and the tires got into the lip on the quarter fenders and caused mud to stay trapped and rusted through these spots are very small and should be no problem to fix. I will try to answer any questions concerning the car. The first few pics are what she looked like when I brought her home. I will catch some more pics when I get home from work Friday or Saturday of the floor pans, trunk and anything else yall may want to see. Alot of the pics were me just wanting to know how things went back together. LOL
001.JPG
002.JPG
004.JPG
018.jpg
019.jpg
021.jpg
031.jpg
033.jpg
035.jpg
036.jpg

I had some big plans for this car which included some of these modifications.

1. Mini tub to the frame rails
  • This has been started and is probably at or around 10-15%
2. Install of leaf spring relocation boxes or frame boxes

3. Purchased the triangulated four link from RMS Street-lynx it goes with the car
  • The cross member is installed
  • 8 ¾” Housing has 50% of the welding performed on the mounting tabs
  • The whole kit is intact and goes with the car – Close to 2K dollars for this kit…
4. Was going to redue the trunk pan to fit an awesome gas tank that was built for me…
  • Nothing has been done to the original trunk pan other than the wheel wells for the mini tub… This trunk is SOLID!!! Can leave the spare tire tub etc

IMG_1184.JPG
IMG_1185.JPG
IMG_1186.JPG
IMG_1187.JPG
IMG_1188.JPG
IMG_1189.JPG
IMG_1190.JPG
IMG_1191.JPG
IMG_1192.JPG
IMG_1194.JPG
I am adding a few more pictures detailing the lack of rust on this car. Let me know if there is anything else you guys want to see. I had very little time to snap these pics been busy moving other stuff and havent even started on the shop...

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back