1971 Dodge Demon Hemi install

-
Thanks for the step by step pictures - awsome job. It's nice to work on a clean car when starting a project like this one; no unseen surprises to divert your attention.

Keep us posted.

I want to buy your B5 Demon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Mark
I am a firm believer that everything has a price. Shoot me an offer and it could be yours! BTW, updated the thread with some new pics...

I thought about doing that.............. but Jim was nice enough to give me the ralley wheels and tires which are small bolt pattern........ the disc brake set up is BBP...................

I was just poking fun at some of the political threads on here at times. Just for my taste I had rather see this type of stuff. About working on our cars and this KICkA$$ demon. You have some very nice cars, and do some very nice work. I was staying at the motel across from yours at the Nats this past year. I believe I spoke to you one night in the parking lot. Your hemi duster was parked across from a friend of mines black 70 440-6 pack charger with red stripe and burnt orange interior. Keep up the Good work and progress and maybe i will see you at the Nats this year. Matt

I was just poking fun at some of the political threads on here at times. Just for my taste I had rather see this type of stuff. About working on our cars and this KICkA$$ demon. You have some very nice cars, and do some very nice work. I was staying at the motel across from yours at the Nats this past year. I believe I spoke to you one night in the parking lot. Your hemi duster was parked across from a friend of mines black 70 440-6 pack charger with red stripe and burnt orange interior. Keep up the Good work and progress and maybe i will see you at the Nats this year. Matt

Hey Matt...I do remember that black Charger....... that was something to see!! And it was driven from far away if I remember correctly?

Jim's Demon will be one hell of a car when finsihed.........

Nice buiild hemimark.....nice starter car aswell.....I have never started with and ended with anything that nice....How does it feel...LOL..up in NY we always have rust and crap...to deal with ..if you have never dealt with it you missing out on allot of fun.....

Nice buiild hemimark.....nice starter car aswell.....I have never started with and ended with anything that nice....How does it feel...LOL..up in NY we always have rust and crap...to deal with ..if you have never dealt with it you missing out on allot of fun.....

Don't you worry, Hemimark knows about rusty cars....that's next on the list of projects! -db

I wish this DEMON was my car!!!!!!

Great thread! Keep us posted I have a 72 Demon and its getting ready for a transplant.

Great thread! Keep us posted I have a 72 Demon and its getting ready for a transplant.

Will do............ While waitng for the delivery of the Hemi and new front end I think I'm going to replace the slant and install the 318 in the white Duster............. If I do I will post progress here also.....

Hey Matt...I do remember that black Charger....... that was something to see!! And it was driven from far away if I remember correctly?

Jim's Demon will be one hell of a car when finsihed.........

Lookin forward to a few updated pictures of either the demon or the duster does not matter to me.............. And yes BTW the 70 Charger he drove the whole way from Cookeville, TN both ways. Its a super nice car , but he has never trailered it. He drives it to the Garlits show in FL. as well. He has also been invited to the Forge Muscle car show the last 2 years.
Matt

Lookin forward to a few updated pictures of either the demon or the duster does not matter to me.............. And yes BTW the 70 Charger he drove the whole way from Cookeville, TN both ways. Its a super nice car , but he has never trailered it. He drives it to the Garlits show in FL. as well. He has also been invited to the Forge Muscle car show the last 2 years.
Matt

That charger was tits............

Hey Mark....how long would you say it took you to dropp the engine and trans out the bottom that way...if eveything was to come loose...no heating and cutting of bolts and nuts...I have never done that it that way amd always wondered.....That looks like a nice way to keep from hitting the fender wells and stuff...That car is awesome.... and you guys are a very talented bunch,,,Now get that motor in that white car.....will you do it the same way..out the bottom...PULL THE CAR ....lol

Mark - The Demon looks alot different from when I had it over here for the A/C install :D

You mean this one?

1970Charger.jpg

That Black Charger was something to see. Beautiful combination & well restored.

This is looking cool. That demon seemed to nice to pull out that 318. Even though it was just a 318, I liked it factory. Still, cant wait to see more.

This is looking cool. That demon seemed to nice to pull out that 318. Even though it was just a 318, I liked it factory. Still, cant wait to see more.
My thoughts also. Is is an original numbers car bought from the original owner. But if I ever need to put this 71 Dodge Demon Sizzler back to original.... I will now where the motor, tranny and rearend is.... :-D

My thoughts also. Is is an original numbers car bought from the original owner. But if I ever need to put this 71 Dodge Demon Sizzler back to origianl.... I will now where the motor, tranny and rearend is.... :-D

You ain't gonna make it original again. It'll be so much more fun with the Hemi in it. The 318 was kind of a dog, and would get boring quickly.

Remember what I said when I drove it, though "it's a shame to cut it up since it drives so nice".

You ain't gonna make it original again. It'll be so much more fun with the Hemi in it. The 318 was kind of a dog, and would get boring quickly.

Remember what I said when I drove it, though "it's a shame to cut it up since it drives so nice".

There will be on CUTTINNG going on here SS. After everything is loose 8 bolts will remove the hemi and trans and the 318 can slide right back in....I guess you will need a place to store the Hemi and Trans??? :-\"

Mark - The Demon looks alot different from when I had it over here for the A/C install :D

You mean this one?

1970Charger.jpg

That Black Charger was something to see. Beautiful combination & well restored.

That one......... One bad *** Charger.......

-
Back