1971 Dodge Demon Hemi install

-
Same withus Mark. Im not even sure if I'll have school this week haha. Maybe Friday and I only had 2 days last week. A lot of rest and relaxation for me haha. Oh and some money for clearing the neighbors driveways. Most likely more if we get this snow but it has a possibility of being freezing rain I hear.

Hey Mark....how long would you say it took you to dropp the engine and trans out the bottom that way...if eveything was to come loose...no heating and cutting of bolts and nuts...I have never done that it that way amd always wondered.....That looks like a nice way to keep from hitting the fender wells and stuff...That car is awesome.... and you guys are a very talented bunch,,,Now get that motor in that white car.....will you do it the same way..out the bottom...PULL THE CAR ....lol

My friend Don and I had this engine, trans and front suspension out in about 3 1/2 hours. I think its the easiest way to do it. The down side would be that you need to get a front end alignment. Taking the engine out through the top is fine........ I think this way is easier. I will install it the same way in the White Duster. I would have had it done but the white Duster is at the body shop to have a few things touched up that were not done very well to begin with. I will never use this body guy again...... you get what you pay for! lesson learned!

Same withus Mark. Im not even sure if I'll have school this week haha. Maybe Friday and I only had 2 days last week. A lot of rest and relaxation for me haha. Oh and some money for clearing the neighbors driveways. Most likely more if we get this snow but it has a possibility of being freezing rain I hear.

Al Gore is a putz.............

Well........... this is where i need to get to...................

100_2865.jpg

So I got out the back hoe and started clearing away the 30" of snow......

100_2866.jpg

1972 Plymouth Duster and a 37 International Rat Rod........ think Spring

100_2868.jpg

Once the path was cleared Jim droped off a few parts.............

100_2871.jpg

8 3/4 with Wilwood disc brake set up...... very nice..

100_2872.jpg

Jim told me the wheels were powder coated as close to argent as possible and they look sweet!

So while I'm waiting for HemiDenny to get his butt to Pittsburgh I am going to R&R the engine and trans and rear end in the white car with the same from the Demon

100_2875.jpg

I also starting preping the steering column for the white car since it had manual and is getting power steering. I almost forgot it also will get a Tuff Wheel...........

100_2876.jpg

100_2877.jpg

100_2878.jpg

These are hanging on the wall in the pub! nice........

100_2881.jpg

Hey Mark,

Do you go the car cruise in Wexford, Pa? Just wondered because Im in Valencia, Pa.

I do, I have been there twice.............. what a great show that is! we should try to get together. Maybe even try to get other FABO members in the area there.......

I do, I have been there twice.............. what a great show that is! we should try to get together. Maybe even try to get other FABO members in the area there.......

Don't forget...it's Friday afternoon until late

Hey Mark,

Do you go the car cruise in Wexford, Pa? Just wondered because Im in Valencia, Pa.

Don't forget...it's Friday afternoon to late

May 28th is Opening night. Looking forward to it. I may take the afternoon off of work to make it. Can my Pontiac roll with yinz guys? It's an A body :D

Hey mark is that garage heated all the time...I would live in there...Thats qiuite the set up you have...All the snow storms keep going around us... Sorry:-D

Hey Mark,

I am going to try to make the first cruise,it was the only one I made it to last year.I will also try dragging my brothers in law out with their 73 challenger and the other has a clean 76 camaro.Hope to see some of you guys there

I am going to try to make the first cruise,it was the only one I made it to last year.I will also try dragging my brothers in law out with their 73 challenger and the other has a clean 76 camaro.Hope to see some of you guys there

I look forward to it....................

Jim, I forgot about the radio................ I will snap a few pictures and post progress....... wow, I'm a dumb ***.you mean the radio in the White Duster...... I'm working on that also!!!!

A body 8)

Any progress on the radio?

I look forward to it....................

Jim, I forgot about the radio................ I will snap a few pictures and post progress....... wow, I'm a dumb ***.you mean the radio in the White Duster...... I'm working on that also!!!!

White Duster....

Mine is fine

Mark...You get my email about the radio?

CAll me if you have any questions.

Well, I wont quit compalining about our snow, 4-6 in,lol, but WOW that's a lot of snow, I would not want to deal with it. At least you have a Really nice shop and plenty of stuff to do ... that you like to do, to keep you busy. The Demon you are working on now is a beautiful car, wish mine was that nice, and if I had the cash, I would be dropping a monster motor in mine. Like you said, just as easy to change back. Thanks for keeping us updated, I been watching the progress from the back of the crowd, great work, I just had nothing to say yet ....till I seen ALL THAT SNOW!

May 28th is Opening night. Looking forward to it. I may take the afternoon off of work to make it. Can my Pontiac roll with yinz guys? It's an A body :D

For sure............. we can tolerate a GM guy if he's driving an A body!

TIME TO GET BUSY! Whole lotta' swappin goin on today. This will be a timed event, /6 out, V8 in.
On my way over for an 8:18 am start time.

Hey mark is that garage heated all the time...I would live in there...Thats qiuite the set up you have...All the snow storms keep going around us... Sorry:-D

The garage is heated........... Jim (62BT4009)is looking into another source of heat to replace the radiant base board heat I use now.

TIME TO GET BUSY! Whole lotta' swappin goin on today. This will be a timed event, /6 out, V8 in.
On my way over for an 8:18 am start time.

And what a day it was.............. Not only did we take the leaning tower of power out and put the V8 in we also took out the rear end from the Demon and installed it in the White Duster.......Don and I did major work today..........And I was early!!!!! I will post some pictures tomorrow.......... This car should be running and driving with about 6 more hours of work....

So Don and I get started about 8:45 after talking about our plan of attach. I had already pull the rear end out of the White Duster Tuesday night and that is were we decided to start on the Demon.

100_2883.jpg

I didn't take very many pictures of the removal and installation of the rear end. We kind of thought you guys have done it before and if you hadn't you could easily figure that one out.
REMOVE
Drive shaft
Brake lines - We removed the brass block off of both rear ends so we didn't have to remove the old steel line to rubber line set-up, easy stuff.
E-brake cables- we left them on the rear end and removed them from the bracket on the body
Shocks from the rear end
Front and rear brackets - We didn't even touch the shackles. With a jack under the center of the rearend we unbolted the brackets, front and rear, lowered it down slid it under the White Duster, jacked it up and did the install in reverse.... very easy

100_2885.jpg

the White Duster now has SBP and the Demons wheels and tires!
100_2828.jpg

So its about 10:00 at this point so it only took and 1:15 to remove, install rear, pretty good.....
at this point I have to go plow the F'n snow out of the parking lot. While I'm doing that Don started unbolting the /6.

100_2887.jpg

steering column

100_2890.jpg

Don and I got a visit from 62BT409 Jim and we talked about all the different things going on in our lives and then Jim got a call and had to leave. He got stuck in the F'n snow and didn't want to slide into Dons White truck....... no fender bender!
100_2891.jpg

100_2892.jpg

So at 12:00 we take a lunch break............ 2 fish sandwiches, 2 fries, 1 coke and 1 water. Our server was so beautiful that I left a $500.00 tip. I will explain later. With full stomach's we wanted to nap be decide to go back at it! Hey, we are on a mission from God!

So with everything unhooked we drop the engine onto a moving cart, place a chain onto the bumper bolts and raise the body like we did with the Demon.
100_2887.jpg

100_2893.jpg

100_2894.jpg

100_2895.jpg

100_2896.jpg

100_2898.jpg

100_2899.jpg

The dip stick got tangled on a few wires! Our only snag....no pun intended!!!

100_2900.jpg

Its about 2:30..........

100_2897-1.jpg

Now its time to install the 318............

100_2901.jpg

100_2902.jpg

100_2903.jpg

100_2904.jpg

100_2905.jpg

100_2906.jpg

Hook up the reverse wires, speed-o cable before putting it all the way in....its easier

100_2907.jpg

100_2908.jpg

100_2909.jpg

100_2911.jpg

the shocks, upper control arms, k-member, trans cross shaft are all bolted in..... all that is left is about 4-6 hrs to get this thing running!

-
Back