1972 Dart Swinger Fuel Injected 5.2 Magnum, Pistol Grip 4 Speed, 17" Bullits VA Beach

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

fenderman33

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I'm considering selling my '72 Dart. I've had it for about 3 years now, but I could use the money to finish the Duster I'm working on.
If you look in my post history you can see the car when I first got it as a 225cu/904/7.25" Around December '09 I did the swap to a B-Body 8 3/4 with a highway gear, aluminum overdrive 4 speed w/ hurst shifter and pistol grip, and a 5.2 magnum out of a '94 Grand Cherokee. Everything has at most 2,000 trouble free miles on it. It has never failed to start, never left me stranded, and doesn't overheat even on a 100+ degree day at the oceanfront.
Here's a list of what I can remember off the top of my head:
New rear brake shoes, drums, hardware, hydraulics, and hard lines.
New shocks front and rear
External electric fuel pump.
The driveshaft was shortened, balanced, and new U-Joints.
The heads have a competition valve job and Isky springs.
Dougs painted headers, 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust with x-pipe to thrust flowmaster copies, then crush bent over the axle and turned down behind the wheels.
New mini starter.
Champion aluminum radiator, factory magnum clutch fan.
Ammeter bypass with a voltmeter in dash. New charge wire and starter wire.
The front end has new ball joints, control arm bushings, tie rod ends, reman p/s box, & idler arm.
'72 340 k-member, new engine mounts, and tranny mount. Big bolt pattern front and rear. New rotors, wheel bearings, seals, hoses, reman calipers in the front.
New clutch kit, roller pilot bearing, re-surfaced flywheel.
17" Mustang Bullits with new Yokohama ES100's and alignment. I also have a set of big bolt ralleys with some old tires if that's what you prefer.
H4 headlights.
Megasquirt MS2 stand alone fuel injection. Starts, runs, idles, and drives great. You can fire it off at 40 degrees and drive off, same at 100 degrees.
New wiper linkage bushings.
Superstock springs in the front and I just put in the Just Suspension front bars that were the 1" ones I believe.
We got over 20mpg on our trip to Mopar Madness last year.
There's a patch panel in the drivers floor, new carpet. The car came from Oklahoma or Arkansas, if I remember correctly. It has a low quality repaint on it that doesn't have much if any shine. There are some visible rust bubbles and areas that will need attention before being painted. The trunk floor and extensions have some holes in them.
The list of things I haven't gotten around to fixing is allot shorter than the list of new parts.
The heater core has a small leak, so the heater hoses are capped. The A/C lines have been removed, but the condenser, compressor and underdash unit are still in tact. It has a little bit of coolant that will weep out of the thermostat housing and I believe one of the header bolts. The leak is minor, and I've only had to add coolant at the beginning of each season. There is a small oil leak from the front crank seal or pan gasket also I believe.
There is no intermediate parking brake cable, but everything else is there to hook up the parking brake.
Other than that, all of the gauges work, windows work, signals, horn, etc.
You could fly out and drive it home.
I don't really need to sell it, and I'm pretty sure I'll regret it if I do, but it's not seeing as much road time as it should this year with a new infant at home.
After writing down the list of all the work I've done, there isn't much left that hasn't been replaced yet. I did every part of this car myself except for the fine tuning of the Megasquirt and a little bit of the exhaust, so I can answer any questions.

I'll put a starting asking price of $7,500 and see if there's any interest. I would consider a partial trade for a fuel injected motorcycle.

The car is located in zip 23325 Chesapeake, VA. I'll put the ad here for a little while before putting in on craigslist in hopes of it going to another enthusiast. We plan to be at Mopar Madness this year as well.
Thanks,
Jon

Attachments

• SI855719.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 1,973
  • SI855734.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 2,007
  • SI855795.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 2,224
  • SI855799.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 2,471
  • SI855805.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 1,949
hows that 318 magnum run in there? have a complete running 94 van here that i've been thinking of tearing into and putting the motor in my dart.

you have a wire diagram for the computer?

I've been happy with the 318. It's just a cruiser, so I didn't need anything crazy.
What diagram are you looking for? The wiring diagram for the megasquirt can be found on the diyautotune site, and I just cut the factory harness up.
-Jon

hows that 318 magnum run in there? have a complete running 94 van here that i've been thinking of tearing into and putting the motor in my dart.

you have a wire diagram for the computer?

I've picked up a bike now, but I'll still entertain interesting trade offers. Car/motorcycle related.
-Jon

Well i know you asked about a fuel injected bike....What i have to offer is my 2001 Dyna lowrider its carb but it runs dam good and never given me a problem.I always use Amsoil 20 50 full syn new tires V&h long shots screaming eagle ignition single fire coiland will get pics up soon if there's interest...

Here's a current picture.

I'll also lower the asking price to $7,000
to see if I can generate any interest before trying craigslist.
Thanks,
Jon

Attachments

• IMAG0010resize.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 1,346
More

Attachments

• IMAG0011resize.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 1,317
  • IMAG0012resize.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 1,306
  • IMAG0013resize.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 1,367
My dart is in really close condition to that car, but looks better and I picked it up for about 4,500 less than that.
Sorry if I'm stepping on anybody's toes here but darts must be worth a lot more where you guys are.

Makes me want to hire a truck to bring them out there.

Attachments

• clean.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 1,305
Trail,
nothing against your Dart, but his is a slightly more disirable year, has a four gear in it, and has fuel injection and an 8 3/4. So though the body may not be great, it has a ton of upgrades that make the car worth more. However, in this market it is going to be hard to get what he is asking.

Good luck with the sale fenderman. I hope it goes to someone that knows what they are getting.

Trail,
nothing against your Dart, but his is a slightly more disirable year, has a four gear in it, and has fuel injection and an 8 3/4. So though the body may not be great, it has a ton of upgrades that make the car worth more. However, in this market it is going to be hard to get what he is asking.

Good luck with the sale fenderman. I hope it goes to someone that knows what they are getting.

I understand.
Still makes me want to pick up some of these 2-3,000 ones in AZ and truck them out there.:dontknow:

Sorry, I shouldn't have said anything in the first place.
Just caught me off guard I guess.
Sometimes I forget to take my own advice.

Attachments

• shutup2.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 1,212
IMHO this car would make a wonderfull and dependable daily driver,with some good power to boot!

IMHO this car would make a wonderfull and dependable daily driver,with some good power to boot!

Absolutely. Have seen Jon's Dart in person & it is a very cool build with tons of nice mechanical upgrades & a more solid body than pics show. Something you could drive anywhere & work on as time/ money allow's. Good luck with sale.

Oldschoolcuda

I couldn't figure out how to edit the original post, but I just read that I said it has super stock springs in the front which is obviously a typo.
Thanks for the kind words. If nothing else it'll be at Mopar Madness.
-Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back