1972 Duster Tailpipes/ Mufflers?

-

Hoophoop

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what the difference between a 72 model and a 73 model is, most sites don't even cover 73 models. I have TTI headers on a 340, and putting x pipe on then not sure what mufflers yet..so I looking for recommendations there too!, and then I have put a fuel cell in the trunk to allow for 3" pipes to the rear bumper because they would have never fit with the stock tank in place, the reason I'm running 3" is I stroked it to 416 and am going to be quite a bit north of 625 HP. I should also mention I put a Ford 9" trussed rear end differential, that's why I lost a lot of room, so I fuel celled it. They make mandrel 3" tailpipes for a 72, but not 73.

My 416 through mufflers and tail pipes for the effect. Never hasseled on Street. Sounds great. Oh yeah its an H-pipe. X-pipes suck why ad bends and crossovers you don't need. Unless you got a pussy motor with to big of an exhaust and need to add back pressure.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq3yolr4sKA"]Stock 1971 340 Duster - YouTube[/ame]

Attachments

• DSCF0151[1].jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 250
  • spoiler pics 359.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 273
Over 625 Horsepower is not a pussy motor.

X Pipes will add power over an H pipe with my combo

There is no such thing as back pressure when you are talking about exhaust, it's called pulsing or pulsated for people who can understand it.

You never answered my original question either.

LOL, and Mr. the King Petty agrees!

Where to get tail piles only is a good question.

I have found no difference between the years. Perhaps a side by side would yield a result in possibly a extra bracket somewhere????

I found two companies, Jeg's and Hearthrob Exhaust sell them. TTI also sells the whole kit with all the hangers for 1065.00, too steep compared to the whole system from Jegs is only 465.00 plus free shipping. Funny thing is it's almost identical system with the same mufflers, so go figure TTI just got exposed.

just be careful......

with TTI, you get mandrel bends, thick guage tubing, AND the fit is great....I have installed many a set without a lot of cussin'.
the cheap imitations......is exactly what they are.

IMO...more HP out of mandrel bends.

I here you there and agree! The exact same mufflers, the same gauge aluminized thickness, the only difference was TTI's came with SS tips, Jegs did not, and also the hangers are a tad different which I see no problem, and yes Jegs is mandrel bent. I figure the tips to be around 150.00 a set so add that to the price, and I hope I'm not wrong...but Jegs looks like the better option, but I have been baited and switched before....lol

Over 625 Horsepower is not a pussy motor.

X Pipes will add power over an H pipe with my combo

There is no such thing as back pressure when you are talking about exhaust, it's called pulsing or pulsated for people who can understand it.

You never answered my original question either.

X pipes are a sales gimic but they look real nice with those $$ smooth bends under the car. Been down that road. Spend your money where you want . And the only difference between the two years is the Rear and the brake cables from 72 up. They go under the exhaust 71 back the right side goes over the diff and is attached to the housing.

Just one Actual dyno found not done by someone selling them. There was a program on speed tellng about the lies to sell thier products. I am sure with a search it coud be found.

Attachments

• p32980_image_large.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 166
In search of 4 little X's . . Yeah I know Chevy RAT!! ? No money. Can't join em beat em.

Attachments

• Hemi_Hunter_by_426maxwedgie.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 180
  • !CID__0926131633a.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 162
  • !CID__0926131737a.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 157
Just one Actual dyno found not done by someone selling them. There was a program on speed tellng about the lies to sell thier products. I am sure with a search it coud be found.

Nice chart....looks like slight advantage above 5200rpm.

I'm a fan of the H , gotta have that throaty Mopar sound.

-
Back