-
Status
Not open for further replies.

tekslk

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
I will be taking these heads off my car in about 2 weeks, and Im wondering if they are worth anything? Valve job about 2000miles ago Im going to alluminum heads. By the way they have 188 intake. Make offers they are cast and will be located in central Pa. Shipping will kill you they are very heavy. Also they are painted orange. I would say good driver quality and they dont need anything but a home. Or should I just scrap them.

Yes they are usable. I would love to have them but $$ are tight right now. If you still have them in a month or so, let's talk.

useable if on running driving car. Dont just toss them if the dont sell just wrap them in plastic and put them in the attic out of the way

I wish I had received this advice 30 years ago, can't believe the things I have scrapped over the years. These may not seem valuable now, but I think this fellow has provided some really good advice here.

I will want to get rid of them Im not a collector so any fair offer and they will be sold.

I wish I had received this advice 30 years ago, can't believe the things I have scrapped over the years. These may not seem valuable now, but I think this fellow has provided some really good advice here.
thanks I try to do it but runnin out of space need to build a lean to on the back of the garage enough for one car and tons of parts like body parts and any other big parts.
Got a 3 car garage and can fit 2 at the max

spray them in chain oil soak them good wrapp them up and keep baggem up good and burry them if you dont have room the"ll be there when u want to sell them to some 1 srap a chevy not a mopar

I'm interested in them. Not sure where McClure,Pa is though. On phone doing this so can't get mapquest at same time. I live near DuBois, pa on I80. How much are you looking to get?

tekslk., man you left ALOT of good information out of the picture.

73 340/360 heads........

Where is the Pictures?.......it seems everything is "worthless" unless your looking at it in person, or a decent IMG pic on the net.

Are they 587'castings? Red Stripe Valve Springs? Rebuilt? Rockers/Shafts Included?...valve covers?

If nothing is wrong with them, their about $400 worth of NOT WORTHLESS....if people wont pay to cover shipping to them,or come pick them up locally thats no big deal....

If your going Äluminum Heads".....just do like everyone is saying and keep them in inventory, but just on the back of a huge shelf....outta sight, outta mind, safe for another day on down the road.....or find a person in serious need and help them out...for a song.

But dont throw them in your dumpster.

But dont throw them in your dumpster.[/QUOTE]

Many years ago I got a 318 from my neighbor. I was going to junk it but I decided to keep it just in case. I'm glad I did. It was a roller cam block with 302 casting heads. (before these things became popular) Keep your heads or sell them so someone can get good use out of them but don't just throw them away. Good luck with the sale. tmm

realistic price on 587 good assembled cores is around $200 depending on market. Go to a local swap meet or put them on Craigslist and off them. They will move at a fair price in a metro or semi metro market.

There seams to be insterest in these they wont be ready for 2 weeks approx. First 150 local pickup takes them. they will have the springs in them that came with the eddys, single with dampner pm me with questions I have no pictures but there ready to use.
These have the 188 intake.

No shipping but the first hundred dollars in my hands takes the pair with springs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back