1973 dart swinger fenders

-

Scott felty

Reaction score
New here
what other fenders will fit on my 1973 dart swinger. No reproduction parts for that year. Found for a 72 but not sure. Not worried about marker light position

New here
what other fenders will fit on my 1973 dart swinger. No reproduction parts for that year. Found for a 72 but not sure. Not worried about marker light position
72 will not work. The fender and front end are completely different than the 73. You have to use fenders from a 73-76 dart

'67 to '69 Dart fenders will fit with some modifications to the headlight/bezel mounting area.
It should be an easy fix if you have some rusty '73s to take that area out of and to compare. That area of the car usually doesn't rust or corrode, so you should be good there............
And of course the marker light area is different on these years and will require some modification.
AMD sells them new if there are any left in stock, but they're kind of expensive.........
The other option would be a set of '73 to '76 fenders which are fairly common so to speak, the pop up here for sale fairly often.
As for good used fenders, the '67 to '69 ones are usually a lot more expensive and the '73 and '74 are the same fender and the '75 and '76 ones have some small holes around 1/4'' or smaller on the side where the edge of the bumper sits away from the fender and it is for the rubber trim piece that bolts on there in those years.
It's hardly noticeable really or you can weld 'em up if you are concerned.
Side emblem trim holes might need to be modified/welded up and/or new holes drilled to your specific application.
(2 door and 4 door fenders are the same, BTW).
'70 to '72 fenders are totally different, with their bolt on fender extension on the front as well as the fitment of the other body pieces on your '73 would look wrong.
A common swap is to use a '70 to '72 Dart/Demon front clip including hood (all of the unboltable sheet metal including the bumper and brackets) from the doors forward.
I hope this helps...........
Tom.

The AMD 69 Dart fenders also have the holes for the 73-76 trim, but like said above nobody notices it. I had to show someone who was having their 69 M-Cod Dart restored that it had a 73-76 fender put on at one time, they said it had never been wrecked until I showed them the differences, this was before AMD came out with their 69 fenders.

73-76 swinger and dart sport will work. You can use 70-72 if you change the whole front clip. 70-71 use different side marker.

And you can use 4 door Dart fenders too from ‘73 to ‘76. Given how many total Darts were produced over the 4 years, there should still be some solid ones around.

Correct, 4 door or 2 door is the same.
I just bought a set. Paying more for shipping than the fenders cost but they are clean.

-
Back