1973 Duster dash wiring harness

-

Dk.03

Reaction score
Got a 73 duster, the dash wiring harnesss is completely destroyed, no fuse box, majority of wires are cut into, nothing works. What is a good harness to get which will be a somewhat decent harness to install for a beginner?

Got a 73 duster, the dash wiring harnesss is completely destroyed, no fuse box, majority of wires are cut into, nothing works. What is a good harness to get which will be a somewhat decent harness to install for a beginner?
If you don't have one, wander over to MyMopar.com and download a 73 manual, which got there because of some of the guys right here.

You can get a reliable used harness. Check Ebay. I got a used harness for my 72 Charger and it was plug and play. I couldn't afford the brand new ones.

I should have a Harness . I will have to look if interested . The cost would be $125 shipped for the Dash harness complete

MH are the best repro harness but man now over 700.00 is just stupid. They were 450.00 two years ago.
125.00 for nice, un-damaged original harness is a great price.

All I can do is feel for you, and wish you good luck with it. I had a 73 Valiant. That wiring harness was a feckin mess from day one. Seat belt warning, key in switch, etc.. all wired into the one buzzard. Then there is the mechanical design issues that never were corrected but actually made worse in the later models. Chryslers wiper pivots have always leaked water into the interior once they have some age/wear on them. Bad enough that they leaked onto fuse boxes and headlight switch connectors but whoever decided to put the amp gauge right there under that leak should have been shot! It was 1974 before the moved the shunt out of the amp gauge (hindsight is 20/20).
Alas, when they corrected one thing they fecked something else up. In 74 model, if you had a heavy cardboard box on the passengers seat, you would have to buckle the seat belt around it before the damn car would start.
All the above is just a clue to why we find some wiring harnesses butchered to hell and back. OK It might be a bit of a rant too. LOL

Yeah, '73 and '74 were particularly bad years for factory harnesses from what I experienced.

-
Back