1973 duster fit 20"s??

-
Must go over speed bumps easy.

gallery71.jpg

I know not many here like "big" wheels...........18"s on an abody works. Gotta have the brakes/stance/attitude to go with it.............this (not mine) car look good with 18's?????
These are 18x12 335/30 and 18x8.5 245/40's

Do you have more pics of that Demon?

I personally like the Big Rim/Tire combos that are popular these days.

Maybe a bit childish for sporting big blingy rims, but style sure does make a visual impact, at least in my honest opinion.

I think this 68' Dart looks Killer:

http://www.streetcarforums.com/showthread.php?p=1367459&posted=1#post1367459

On my future project I was thinking of a 16" tire up front with 18"'s out back...the tire choice is good and you can get any style rim you want.

I went with 18" wheels front and back on my 70 Dart. I think it lookes great, and drives even better. The front is 8" with 225's and the Rear is 9.5" with 265's. Don't get me wrong I like the 14" wheel as well, but I went with a non stock stance and ride. But I will add I thought 20" wheels would look good, but I do think it crosses the line on most Classic cars. Just too low of a profile to look right.

101_0132.jpg

101_0109.jpg

Looks good.

Really 14 inch is too small. The tire grips better with a 15 inch wheel. Never tried 16 to 18 inch.

IMO the 14 inch wheels should have never been made. Not when the 15 inch grip better.

here is the one that rolled in the other day. dumb as the day is long. those are 24".

DSC01330 (Medium).JPG

DSC01329 (Medium).JPG

Looks good.

Really 14 inch is too small. The tire grips better with a 15 inch wheel. Never tried 16 to 18 inch.

IMO the 14 inch wheels should have never been made. Not when the 15 inch grip better.

The Mopar Abody never came with a 15" rim from the factory,
and the 14" rims, were not made in the small bolt pattern till 1965.

I upgraded my Valiant from 7.00 x 13, on 13" x4.5" rims
to 205/70/R14 on 14"x5.5" rims.

Lee

Buddyralf, Info on those wheels please! I'm planning 17's or 18's for the duster when I can afford it.
Manufacturer:
Model:
backspace/offset:
Do you have any suspension mods like wheel spacers or relocated leaf springs?
Thanks

Those are 18's? They look bigger than that.

And that's exactly the problem with 20" wheels on an A-body in my books: The wheelwells are so small compared to modern cars that the wheels look larger. So you don't really need HUGE wheels to look like you've got huge wheels; 18" wheels and tires on an A-body look pretty big. You'd have to run very low profiles to get 20" wheels to fit. But it can be done with the right tires and backspacing.

That green Demon looks pretty mean as it is, like it's ready for a track day.

i dont know what to say..

i know i like the 17 and 18 inch wheels on the older cars..

i know most of the premier car builders these days are doing it..

i'm by no means a premier car buiulder :) but i'm going with 18's and 17's on my dart, might go 19's and 18's havent made up my mind yet..

i have 20inch torque thrust 2's on my hemi ram, and it looks pretty good, then again i have 15inch wheels on my 80silverado and it looks good to..

it boils down to if its done tastefully or not.. you can put to flashy or a wheel on a car and it just ruins the cars overall appearance.

To me anything over 18" on a car seems too big. When I get my duster I thought that some 17" American racing torque thrust M's would look neat. Just black 5 spoke rims with a nice chrome, or polished lip. I see how nice those rims the look on goodysgotacuda cuda.

Personally, I think if you wanna go with 20s, go with 20s.

I've got a set of Dodge Magnum SRT8 20s waiting to go on my Intrepid within the next few weeks.
They're factory wheels made by Mopar, so they are more low profile and less "LOOK AT ME!" bling.
I can't wait.

However, my Dart will get no such thing.
As a matter of fact, I kinda like the 14'' Magnums that are on it now.
I'll probably still upgrade way down the road, but it won't be to anything bigger than 18''.
However, thats just my opinion on muscle cars.

I know not many here like "big" wheels...........18"s on an abody works. Gotta have the brakes/stance/attitude to go with it.............this (not mine) car look good with 18's?????
These are 18x12 335/30 and 18x8.5 245/40's

i know that cars on an airride suspension, i bet he never makes a turn with it dropped down that low, if he does he'll need paint and body work on the fenders..

i know that cars on an airride suspension, i bet he never makes a turn with it dropped down that low, if he does he'll need paint and body work on the fenders..

I dont think that car is running yet. No, he wont be able to turn at that ride height. I posted the pic because I like 18's on Abodies and that car looks pretty cool......

I sure hope you cant..if your honestly thinking of that and its not a joke..time to give up the Muscle Car license.

has the original poster ever replied? or did he jump ship since the consensus was negative about the tire/rim size choice?

has the original poster ever replied? or did he jump ship since the consensus was negative about the tire/rim size choice?

He has not been on sence 1-5-2008. I think we ran him off. all well. Now what I want to know from all you guys with 17" or bigger rims is. Diddent your ride get realy ruff and harsh with no side walls?

-
Back