1973 Duster

-
all these texas boys doing big thing with there dusters man i am going to have to step up my game when I get home just gotta figure out ho to do that without stepping up the wallet.lol

ya know that s funny, when i was younger and no money i'd look around my dads garage and, hey he'll never miss this lawn mower attachment. and whalah it turned into a pair of motor mounts lol how "bout that!!!!!!!!"

Riddler,

76Orange shows the motor on page 14 of his forum from a late 90 dodge truck I got one similar to the one he has.

sorry did not mean to miss ur question

It's ok guys... Been sick and I thought I missed it. So the motor is found in the mid 90's trucks? Are these expensive from the store? I think I'd rather a new part.

Riddler

I think I paid around $60 online maybe less I would have to look it up, but not that much

I think I paid around $60 online maybe less I would have to look it up, but not that much

Mine was around $75 for a New not rebuilt motor, since New didn't require a core charge of $15.00, if I paid that without a core the price would have been within $ 5 of each other. I went to Advanced Auto and told them 1995 Dodge Ram 1500, but 1992 and up will work and get you the same part.

Wanted to say what an awesome build you have going and your ingenuity is second to none, I would someday like to take an Old a-body like my 65 Barracuda and do something similar. But for now I will just enjoy what I have. I do have 1 question for you Do you have a couple of those money trees in your back yard that you can shake when you need a couple extra dollars ? Lmao I look forward to your future post and please keep up the wonderful work.

Well any tree I had is gone now, you know with the water shortage and all. LoL

Thanks for the words MRftt.

I transplanting a few seedlings and for the low price of 19.95 you can get one as well, if enough people buy one I can get that new interior. LoL

Tim,
its gotten so bad down here Ive seen knights on horseback asking for shrubbery, forget about the trees

Knights_who_say_____Ni_by_foreverdelayed.jpg

Andrew

Andrew,

I went down to Austin a few weeks ago and although I was stuck around 6th street (It was torture I am sure) it did look a little brown down there.
So watch out for the Knights and what ever you do don't hit the horses on the rear, I saw a cops episode where it did not end up good for the guy. LOL

The trees up here are dying as well, I had a Texas Scrub that died last week for no reason. one day it was green the next Dead.

But if you want one of my "Money trees" I will give you a discount on the shipping. Ha Ha

So I have been working on the inside of my car getting everything in the dash area. And after removing the wiper motor from the engine compartment and mounting it on the inside of the car.

I installed my new Vintage auto air unit and it blocks the wiper motor mount:wack: So now I am trying to figure out were if anywhere it can be moved to. Another issue the computer for the motor is to the left of the wiper mount so room is getting smaller under the dash.:banghead:

Of course I have a ton of room to the left of the steering column but not enough electric line to move the computer to that side.

Well anyways pictures will come soon, Have the pictures just so busy with school and everything.

But very soon, so stay tuned.

how many times you gotta climb up and down that thing. oops wrong socket. damn i need an extension. hell wheres that screw driver? just sayin'........

Well if anything I am getting a good exercise program out of working on my car. If you notice in the picture I have my other car under it and my motorcycles on the other end So I only have a few feet in the middle to work under the car right now as well.

All So my wife can park her truck in the garage and not get cold in the morning. And yet I get no thanks from her for it. Go figure.

Anyways all the work is inside right now so other than the ladder issues I am ok, and on the plus side when the door is open I do not hit my head on the corner.

Thanks Andrew I will get some pictures up of my wiper mount and how the vintage air box is so big for you to see as well.

And as for the lift anytime you need to do an oil change or anything feel free to drive up here and use it. Whats a few hours drive huh.

Tim,

Since the weather is getting colded and it looks like most of your "lift" work is finished . . . You could always clear everything from under the lift, move the car outside, build a platform and place all the stuff that was under the lift on it, then move the car under it. Boy, that sounds like a lot of work . . . forget that stick with the exercise/car work regime - LOL

Joe that is funny and a lot of work I think I will stick with what I have right now. I need the exercise anyways.

Well not like how you get cold but cold for us boys in the south you know in the 30's.

And I know that is a warm summer day for you, Right?

-
Back