1973 Duster

-
How the heck did I miss this build, excellent stuff here, I'm going to read the whole thing tonight when I get home. I'll be looking for stolen ideas........Just Kidding! :joker:

Tin I am sure that I did not steal to many of your ideas. LOL

Thanks Joeboy and Arco440

Riddler, thanks I am trying to keep it going, luckily I have some money set aside for the car, but like anything it is going fast.

Any luck with that issue you have been working on with your I/P let me know.

Well not much going on. both door poppers are done and the motor is getting wired up. I had to adjust my trans mount to let the exhaust fit, And I am now waiting on the new Drive shaft that I ordered.

So just giving a friendly bump to let everyone know I am still alive..

Wow what a great day out today it was in the low 70's is this winter or what?

Anyways I got my new drive shaft and put it in after painting it, other than that I have been trying to work on the electrical under the dash. I hate electrical by the way.
I want to get it done before I put the dash in so I am not crawling under the dash anymore. The motor is wired up all the way as well.

This is the slow and tedious part but I still love it.

Thank Joe,

I know it is getting so close to starting the motor that I have to not think about it so I do not rush things.

I will tell you that under the dash area used to be empty and now I am running out of room to hang everything.
I have the push button Ignition system in there, the electric speedometer box in there, The computer for the motor, The new vintage air unit, and guess what no Wiper motor.

I still have to figure out what to do for that, The vintage air box was way to big and I already committed to moving the wiper motor inside. Funny thing the wiper motor mount is perfect for routing the electric wires back out of the way. So it was not completely useless.

Oh well fun stuff

Thank Joe,

I know it is getting so close to starting the motor that I have to not think about it so I do not rush things.

I will tell you that under the dash area used to be empty and now I am running out of room to hang everything.
I have the push button Ignition system in there, the electric speedometer box in there, The computer for the motor, The new vintage air unit, and guess what no Wiper motor.

I still have to figure out what to do for that, The vintage air box was way to big and I already committed to moving the wiper motor inside. Funny thing the wiper motor mount is perfect for routing the electric wires back out of the way. So it was not completely useless.

Oh well fun stuff

Timothy,
There are remote wiper motor assemblies out there that let you mount the motor anywhere you want (within like 3 feet) and a cable assembly controls the wipers check out the link below ...hope this helps
Ross

http://www.specialtypowerwindows.com/products.php?c=2&t=13

Timothy,
There are remote wiper motor assemblies out there that let you mount the motor anywhere you want (within like 3 feet) and a cable assembly controls the wipers check out the link below ...hope this helps
Ross

http://www.specialtypowerwindows.com/products.php?c=2&t=13

That's one of the reasons I love this site!!!!:love4:
Unlike Cliff Claven, the Mail Man from Cheers, there is a plethora of "useful" information in our membership group and we don't mind, in fact we like to, share it.

Outstanding info 76orangewagon!!!

Thanks Ross,

I will look into that site, I have been kicking around something like this but only had seen something like it at the goodguys show. thanks for the link

and This is why I am here as well Joe so Cheers to both of you

Sorry guys I have been working so hard and have only five classes left to get my Bachelors degree not to mention the added training I have been doing on my off time.

I am starting the wiring of the car to get it fired up. The motor is in the car with the trans and I got the drive shaft in.

I have the Push button start button to wire up as with the wiring for the A/C and the fuel pump ans well as everything else.

You know I did not realize it had been since JAN since I posted here lately.
I will post some new Pictures this weekend so everyone can see what I have thus far. work is taking a break next month for the summer so I will start up the work again and I will keep everyone posted. Again sorry for not posting sooner. Look for pictures by Sunday for sure and Thanks for subscribing to my link.

Oh and Riddler congrats on the baby, but I do not want another kid I enjoy teaching them in Elementary but do not want more.

For the motor I am using a 2011 6.1 Hemi, Just like out of a Challenger 6.1, for the trans I modified my tunnel to accept the 545 auto trans Both are completely computer controlled no carb. Completely fuel injected so I should get about 18-21 mpg which will be weird.

As for the rear end I have a Dana 60 in it.

A little more Teaser for you is that I have 6 piston brakes in front 4 piston in back, bucket seat in front. Vintage Air, all lowered about 3 inches all around with 18" rims.

MY profile pic was when the Torsion bars were on the wrong side so it sits much lower now.

I call CAR **** CAR **** come on need to see pics, want to see pics LOL
sorry couldn't help myself LOL
Brad

Let me get some up I was at the lake all day with friends. let me see what I got. Sorry

View attachment Duster May 2012 012 copy.jpg
Motor is in and ready to go perhaps I will be able to start it next month after School is out

View attachment Duster May 2012 015 copy.jpg
This is just my car **** for everyone. I know too many toys in my garage. I still have a 1968 chevy truck in storage that I am trying to sell.

View attachment Duster May 2012 003 copy.jpg
Yes this is my Chevy the only one in my garage and yes it is a full size long bed 4 door truck

View attachment Duster May 2012 004 copy.jpg
My poor car has sat up here waiting for me to start on it again, but it looks good up there.

View attachment Duster May 2012 007 copy.jpg
This is the final ride height that the car is going to sit at. No rubbing anywhere.

Yea! Thanks for the pictures. Looks good.

I remember a poster from "back in the day" that had a bunch of cars, motorcycles etc and the caption read "the one with the most toys at the end of the game wins" ...

Yea I showed that poster to my wife and she said I won now start down sizing the race is over. Luckily she was joking.

Well I know that I had been slacking for a while there, but now that summer is here I am getting on the car again, minus the two weeks in New York. So I was able to spend some quality time with my girl today. No the wife was out of town so into my Garage Mahall I went.

Let's see I put some of the wiring together enough to start it if I wanted to, but not ready yet. I put my gas pedal in the car figured I would need that pretty soon.
The whole fly by wires is pretty nice.

Figured out my shifter, taking a B&M shifter and making it work with a 545rfe was fun not having any mounts other than the one for the stock shifter, but again too a little of the original shifter cable and modified the B&M cable and it works like a champ.

Put my dash and my steering wheel in the car, got tired of kicking the tire to move the wheel. Still have to make a bracket for my brake praportional valve (Sorry Spelling is off) but it is getting closer and although it was hot it felt good to work on the car again.

I still am not happy with the front bumper and the way it looks, I need a chin spoiler or something, anyone have a idea of making look better?

I am going to shorten it an inch on both sides still and I tucked the bumper in 1/2 an inch. Any other Ideas or know of any chin spoilers for a 73?

Tim,
you werent asking me for front bumper/chin suggestions were you?
Andrew

Attachments

• Photo489.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 368
-
Back