1973 Duster

-
So the day has finally come and my car is off to the paint shop.

All I need now if the color for them to paint the car. Lol

This gives me a month to clean my garage yea

Congrats Tim.... I wish mine was ready for paint, heck I wish I had the cash for it.

Can you explain what you did for your AC setup? Maybe PM me or add to the post I made in the Hemi swap forum.

Riddler

off to the body shop is good.... the fun stuff, assembly with fresh, clean parts, begins now. Somehow I missed your start-up video....it growls.

kinda makes mine sound like a .....coffee getter

I used spin tech mufflers, I think they might be a little loud if that is possible.

When it comes back I will make another video because that last one was with a vacuum leak.

Riddler I will find your post on hemi swap and post there later.

Did you end up narrowing the bumper?

I'm in the same boat as you - I'm not real happy with the front bumper on my '73. I've been contemplating a number of ideas, including narrowing and sucking the bumper in.

Lots of hard work into this hot rod I love it very nice touch touch using the remote start

Did you end up narrowing the bumper?

I'm in the same boat as you - I'm not real happy with the front bumper on my '73. I've been contemplating a number of ideas, including narrowing and sucking the bumper in.

when I look at all the other stuff you guys do, narrowing the front bumper is cake, I took an inch off each side of the green Hemi Duster....tucks in nicely!

I have not done the bumper yet. but I did tuck it in farther so it is closer to the front end about half an inch.

I do have the means to do the bumper but have not done it yet. I went out to use my welder last weekend and found out that my bottle was on a little and all the gas is gone.

so hopefully I will get a day off during the week to get a new bottle since everyone is closed before I get off work.

HemiDennyyou are right this would be an easy step compared to everything else I have done to this car.

01hemi and FastFish thanks

Ross, if you want to bring it here to Texas I am sure he would love to do the work for you.

So the end of the school year is here and my car is at the paint shop with about one more week until it has primer sprayed. Thank goodness because school is taking all my time right now, but I decided to cut the front bumper down an inch to make it look cleaner.
I went to the shop to verify the measurement of the bumper and this weekend I will cut the inch and re weld everything back together.
Thanks to HemiDenny for pushing me over the edge on doing this. I think it will look great when completed.

So the body shop has told me today that the car bodywork is done and it has gone to primer, and so far the doors and fenders are almost done.

View attachment image.jpg

Soon it will be back home and painted

Timothy,
Looking good, I couldn't help notice that the cowl vent looks modified so I looked back through the thread and still couldn't find anything...did I miss something or is this an recent change ? Tell your body guys that there not keeping up the standard of a typical Body guy (at least up North) ....there going way too fast.

hey Andrew,

Well I was going to say I have never seen anyone else use that style but it is real close to what you are using. When I saw that style I had to have it to keep the side
smooth as can be.
It was hard to find someone who makes it bigger than the harley tank size. the one I am getting is about 3 inches how big is the one you are using.

Good work on the build thus far

just wondering where did you get the gas cap? I have been looking for one bigger then the 2 inch diameter ones I have seen

Ross,

this is their first time at painting a classic car so they do not hold to the snail standards.
I did change my cowl vent sometime ago, perhaps I forgot to post something about it thought I did.

I wanted the same look as before but without the hole. So I rolled some metal and slapped it on so to speak.

Fez440 the gas cap was bought from someone out of sturgis it is very close to one used for motorcycles. I will look for my bill and then post it here.

Not sure if they still make them it took months to get it. when painted it will disappear.
I know that it is bigger than two inches but not much bigger. let me check for the receipt.

Fez440,

Sorry it took so long, but this is what I got.
The companies name is Roadster Shop and their internet address is
www.Roadstershop.com That being said I looked on their site and could not find anything about the gas cap.

The part number is MHD-0007 and I think it is 2.5 inches. Not sure my car is at the paint shop. the part was 200.00 hope that helps.

Call them at 847-949-7637

-
Back