[SOLD] 1973 Pro Street Scamp w 340 Done & Beautiful!

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just spoke with the owner and she said she has already turned down offers of $11K & $12K. Her bottom line is a little north of there but south of $15K

If this was a 1973 Dodge Dart Swinger I would buy it.Same color I had and looking for.

Price point is too high. This is obvious as the car has been for sale for over a year. Get the seller to be REAL and quit screwing around with it. My cash offer was way more than fair for a stock 340 73 Auto on the column. You said she turned down 11 & 12 k , that's a dog and pony show. She should have took that $$ and ran to the bank laughing all the way. Truth is guys were trying to get financing and NOBODY will lend on the car cause of what it is. This is the honest truth.

Oh and thanks for getting back to me like you said you would...NOT!

Price point is too high. This is obvious as the car has been for sale for over a year. Get the seller to be REAL and quit screwing around with it. My cash offer was way more than fair for a stock 340 73 Auto on the column. You said she turned down 11 & 12 k , that's a dog and pony show. She should have took that $$ and ran to the bank laughing all the way. Truth is guys were trying to get financing and NOBODY will lend on the car cause of what it is. This is the honest truth.

Oh and thanks for getting back to me like you said you would...NOT!

Sorry, I thought I sent you a text about her saying no.

Someone told her the car is worth ALOT more $$ than it is worth is the problem here. Its a 73 Scamp with a stock $600.00 340 in it. Yes it is very clean and tastefully done but its still a 73 Scamp, auto on the column with a bone stock 340. She gunna have this car for a very long time unless she changes her thoughts on what it is really worth. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.......

i think 9 is too much i think the problem is the guy you have to go through can not talk to her

i think 9 is too much i think the problem is the guy you have to go through can not talk to her
Guarantee you, I am not the problem. I am just trying to help out a buddy's widow. I am getting nothing out of this if that is what you are implying.

She was told by somebody else (Roger's brother) that it was worth a whole lot more than what you guys (and I totally agree) think it is worth. I think that she sees all of the receipts for what Roger paid for and the fact that her brother-in-law told her it was worth 20K+ and she really thinks it is worth that much. I have told her that it is unrealistic to expect the $16K she is still looking to get but the bottom line is, it is her car and if she does not want to sell it for what is being offered then it is not going to be sold for that "little." You have to remember, she is emotionally invested in this car. Her & Roger were together for close to 20 years when he passed away. He loved this car and she loved him. To you guys, it is just a nicely done 1973 Scamp. It is more than just a car to her.

I talked to Lisa who is the owner of the car. She has a true emotional attachment to the car that nobody can comprehend unless you have been in her shoe's. I totally understand now that I have spoken to her. I spoke to her yesterday and it was the anniversary of her husbands passing. I really feel for her.

I know, I feel really bad for her and their girls. Like I said, I am just trying to help her out. I knew Roger for about 15 years. He was a darn nice guy. Always had a smile and a cold beer for a buddy. Loved to talk about Mopars. When I found out he had passed away, you could have knocked me over with a feather. Just typing this makes my heart ache again, I cannot imagine how she feels.

He loved this car and she loved him. To you guys, it is just a nicely done 1973 Scamp. It is more than just a car to her.

i understand and can appreciate that. but if thats the case then she needs to put it back in the garage and put a cover on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back