1974 dart, 4 Door SE

-
Four doors are definately cool. The only problem is the resale value. I have so many cars I'd love to build if I had the time and money and for my four door I envision a Volare' or Aspen. Find one thats as stark and basic as possible and build it to look like domething the FBI might have used back in the 70s. Go with a basic color like gold, green, or light blue, just stay away from anything that's too bright or attention grabbing. Has to have V-8. big or small block but no visible speed equipment so that means no big headers or oil pans hanging down. Needs a vinyl interior with a color match to the exterior, stock radio, column shift, only factory gauges. Use 15' steel wheels with dog dish caps and black wall tires, same size front and back and the finishing touch= a police two way radio and one of those very long whip antennas with the spring at the bottom mounted to the rear bumper and pulled in an arch over the car and the tip tied to the front bumper. Has to have enough power to incinerate the tires easily. Yeah that'd be my four door.

I am finally caving to the idea of a 4dr A body as I can't afford a nice 2dr.I am looking at a 68 /6 car tomorrow.It has a perfect(2dr guys would die for it)front clip.I have to asses the rear and underneath.The price is right.

There is also a clean 72 318 car with zero rust for a quite a bit more money.The 68 is closer so I will check it first.

Good luck hope it works out. I remember a 4 dr dart breaking records when I WAS A KID. 70'S.

I have to get some more pics today. I am thinking about putting a BIG whip antenna on the bumper for the sleeper aspect! Any thoughts?

I know where I can get an extremely clean 74 valiant / for 1500. Like I said real clean and I have a 91 360. Man that would be cool.

Just found a pair of 53" antenna!!!!!! Any one have a couple of old antenna balls?

Look more like a old mans car?

Attachments

• SAM_0008.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 285
Picking up a complete 440 / 727 combo out of a motor home Friday from a local scraper. It's going in my 69 4 door custom that was a department of defense vehicle at one time .

Almost dropped in a 440/727 set up in my 74 Valiant 4 Door
Tan on Tan all original
Was gonna do either a sleeper old mans car or turn it into a cop car

Attachments

• IMG_0456.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_0460.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 262
Nice Valiant! Better shape than mine when I started. Did you find it in Fl? I was thinking of doing the police car also but I am trying to do this as low budget as I can. As I am learning there is no cheap 440 a body swap.

Now thats bad ***..great looking dart with a menacing stance just begging for a bblk...this is a cool thread...they are all but gone around here...

Last year a friend pick this one up in CA and is his daily driver in Rockford Il. I tried to buy it or trade him my 79 300 but he wouldn't deal, that would have been perfect for a BB swap. I even had the 8 3/4 to slide under it .

Hey.....Is that RhinoDarts car?

Maybe a pretty Aussie sedan... like mine :D

Work in progress..

Attachments

• 20121125_095527.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 213
Yes I am trying for that. Took pics but the card is corrupted! Story of my life!

She is getting that old man look! Finally starting to wet sand with 1200.

Attachments

• SAM_0006.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 171
  • SAM_0005.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 166
  • SAM_0004.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 172
  • SAM_0003.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 166
  • SAM_0002.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 171
Roof rack? original cell phone?

Attachments

• cb2.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 144
kingvern
What size tires are on the back? Stock wheel wells?

-
Back