1974 Gold duster * BLACK PAINT * !

-

ValerianMagnum

the little car that could
Reaction score
hi guys ! my best friend yesterday bougth a verry verry nice and clean car .. its a 1974 plymouth duster w/ a sunroof ..

its painted black ( original paint from the factory )

as a snake skin vinyl roof

and as a fold down rear seat and a/c

with a 2bbl 318 and an automatic tranny

only 40 000 miles on the car and comes from a dealer in colorado

.. the previous owner said that this car might be really one of one made .. can it be possible ??? did you guys ever saw that kind of combo ???

sorry for the verry smal pic .. i will post some other ones verry soon

Sanstitre.jpg

I had a brown one and a buddy of mine had a black one but NEITHER ONE had the fold down seat or the sun roof. Rare or not it is beautiful.

it is going to be fairly rare. it is a great combo. how can you beat black and gold?! what are the plans for it? i wouldn't change anything that couldn't be changed back on it myself.

cool duster. would look bad *** with a set of black 17" bullits. i dont see very many factory black 70s a bodies. ive never seen a black gold duster, a black car with a snake skin roof, or a snake skin roof with the sun roof. dont know if its rare to the point its worth a bunch but it is cool. is that fatermarket a/c?

That's a good looking Duster. That a/c does look like an aftermarket unit. It looks similar to the Montgomery Ward A/C in my Dart.

Pretty, pretty, pretty! Buy it.

How about a set of Rallye's painted Black with Gold Centercaps and Trim Rings?

Later,
Bruce B.

Awesome looking Duster! 8)

I would suspect with those options it'd be fairly rare, and either way its a beautiful setup.

Good lookin' Duster! I agree with 7demon2, don't let your buddy change anything that can't be easily put back to stock since it's very low mileage 'survivor'. Have you decoded the fender tag to verify the color, top and interior are OEM?

That's a very sweet Duster. Don't change a thing on it.
I would find a nice set of rallies to put on it. Just to
keep it stock looking.
SWEET CAR!

It looks like the "snakeskin" roof to me, the "gator grain" is more belly of an Aligator, with large 1/2-3/4 inch squares & super rare. I've only seen it on B- bodies & one C-body.

Yess !! he bought the car !! its an awesome looking car !!! , thx to all of you guys ! im always talking about the site so maybe i will open an acount , wont be a bad idea !!! and the A/C was installed at the perkins colorado chrysler derlership , after the original buyer wanted that option .. so they installed it the same week that he bought the car ..the pictures dont give it justice, the paint is awesome and omg the interior just make me so jealous !! ahahah

fun fact .. how often do you see 2 verry rare dusters with sunroof
in a driveway !! gold duster & 360 76 duster its a cool duo !!

ENJOY !!

DSC02435.jpg

DSC02436.jpg

DSC02439.jpg

DSC02445.jpg

DSC02461.jpg

DSC02465.jpg

DSC02470.jpg

DSC02471.jpg

DSC02493.jpg

DSC02496.jpg

DSC02499.jpg

DSC02509.jpg

Thank you :cheers:Thank you :cheers:Thank you=P~
That is a show stopper :thumbrig:
Congratulate the man for me ValerianMagnum and thank you for sharing

@ OCDART : yes .. we checked the vin numbers , and he has the correct broadcast sheet , and the car is a completly match number , real survivor car .. was shipped to canada in 2002 , my friend is the third owner .

Sorry , the real mileage on the car is 73 , 216 miles ,, not 40 like i said , even the 318 2bbl was never been appart the car is 90 % pure stock , as some little chips , but nothing to big for a 35 year old paint , for a lot of people here in quebec it was just a duster ..but for you guys who know what it is .. its something really special , every stickers are still in place, and btw by having me too a duster w/ a sunroof i have to say that is headliner is incredibly clean , and nothing leaks !

DSC02430.jpg

DSC02454.jpg

DSC02475.jpg

DSC02473.jpg

DSC02437.jpg

DSC02452.jpg

Just happen to have two Gold Dusters. One is a 72 triple black 318 and the other is a 74 Tahitian Gold snake skin top with the fold down rear seat 318. The 74 has 45,000 on the clock and the 72 has 64,000 on it. Just finished painting the 74 and the sanding is in progress. That is a very nice car and in the coming years it will be a very desireable unit even if you aren't an A Body guy. For me it is desireable now. In my neck of the woods that would be a head turner. The women may be following you home. If you dont mind telling us, what did you have to pay for it?
Small Block

Hey... is the car in Montreal (a 2 hour drive from Ottawa)? Road trip!:cheers: Might have to get ya's drunk and buy it from ya.
:drinkers::drinkers::drinkers::puke::puke::puke:

Wylde (would I do that?):toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:

I wouldn't advise cutting it up. But I would get another hood
and install a dual snorkle scoop in gold. Would set it off very
nice. Just my 2 cents worth.

Very nice, love the Black and Gold color combo. That car is in great shape !

-
Back