1974 K-member questions

-

johnparts

Slammed 1
Reaction score
Is there a V8 specific K-member for 73 and up cars or are they all the same for Slant 6 or V8's? If not besides Shcumacher who makes motor mounts?

66acuda is right the V8 and /6 k members are different. I know that tons of people have had sucess with the shumaker kits. I bought one of the kits to put a 360 in my car, just waiting to get a tranny built then putting it in.

John
If memory serves me right there are some other issues with center link and some pan clearance issues. Also other drive train considerations.
Frank

I remember being told that there use to be instruction in one of the mopar books back in the day on where to cut and reweld the Slant 6 k-member for a V8 conversion before there were adapter mounts available. I know its a pain to do it but I have no money left in the budget for the V8 K-member and I'm not spending 159 bucks on mounts when I only paid 130 for the motor and trans.

I know Jim Lusk knows how to do it for BB, he may also know for SB. I don't think it is as hard as it may seam.

Phil

-
Back