-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Galactic_eyes

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Well, I guess I'm going to sell her to get another project.
As stated this is a 1974 Duster. Originally this was a 318 car but now has life with a 360. The 360 is mildly built with a Power Max cam(do not know the specs) a Air Gap intake and 600cfm carb. The heads have a mild polish(cleaned up) and 2.02 intake valves installed. The exhaust consists of TTI headers a X-pipe and Dynomax turbo mufflers, 2 1/2" pipe. The engine was rebuilt with flat top pistons at 9.5.1 compression. The last time at the track she ran a 13.76 @ 100.1 mph.
Now for the trans. The trans is a GM 700R4 with a Wilcap adapter plate. This was professionally installed, not all hacked up. The overdrive is controlled by a switch. A B&M ratchet shifter works the trans. The rear end has a 3.21 gear with a suregrip.
The Duster has been fitted with over sized front and rear sway bars. Sub-frame connectors were made and welded in. This car drives and handles better than anything I've ever owned.
The paint is in OK shape, about a 10 footer. There is a little rust trying to come through the rear quarter panel and rocker panel in front of the rear tire but this is an easy fix. Other than that this car solid and free of rust from the trunk to the front. The bumpers will need to be re-chromed.
This car also has air conditioning that blows very cold.
I'm asking $5,500 for her. This is a good buy for this car. It is a daily driver not a show car. If you need more info let me know. You can go to my CarDomain page and look at more photo's and build information. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2913356
2913356_74_full.jpg
IMG_3090.sized.jpg
Duster74.sized.jpg
Picture_008.jpg

Is the diff an 8 an 3/4 or 8 1/4?

Not bad time at all with those gears!
And a very
Nice car with a good price!

So what project you chasing my friend?

Is the diff an 8 an 3/4 or 8 1/4?

Not bad time at all with those gears!
And a very
Nice car with a good price!

So what project you chasing my friend?
The diff is 8 1/4. I've been looking at a 71 Dart. But a friend of mine has a Mustang that I've been wanting that he has decided to sell. IDK yet. Plus I've got other things I need to take care of. She is a fine car. I'm surprised I haven't had more hits.
Here is another website from the original builder showing the build in detail of this car.http://tiresmoke.iwarp.com/Duster.html

5 grand!

Its a steal! your going to make me kill myself lol.
Argh.

Make sure to show us whatever car you replace her with :)

Its a very nice car my freind,im sad you wanna let he go!

5 grand!

Its a steal! your going to make me kill myself lol.
Argh.

Make sure to show us whatever car you replace her with :)

Its a very nice car my freind,im sad you wanna let he go!

It is, fine looking car too!

If I didn't have my own '74 I'd be all over it, bump for another Duster owner!

Thanks guys. She drives real good and is very pleasant on the highway. She does not drive like a muscle car. It has almost 26k since the build. This car is a steal.

Here is a video of the Duster doing a burn out. I didn't stay in it long. I was in a wildlife reserve and did not DNR on my tail. The video was done on my daughters digital camera. Sorry for the bad quality. This was taken this past summer.
watch

This is the best deal I've seen in a while. La bump! Great car.

How Is The Interior? I Am Interested In The Vehicle Do You Have Another Pic Of The Interior And Back Seat? Thanks

I just emailed you from craigslist, but I will post it here too. I am very interested and would like to talk to you about coming down and looking at it. I live in Ohio.
Steve

I do have a guy coming to look at it. The interior is very clean. I'm having to remove the electric fan and reinstall the mechanical fan. Sitting at a redlight with the headlights and everything else on. The stock alternator can't keep up. It has to much of a amp drain. I have only driven the car twice since I intalled the fan and that was during the day.
Back seat pic.

IMG_3101.sized.jpg

If he doesnt buy it i can be there in 14 hours I can even bring a fan lol. I am not very good on a computer if i would of known how I would of talked to you days ago. If I knew how I wquld pm you my ph# in case this guy dont buy it.Thanks and good luck.

I am guessing the car must of sold? Iliked that car I hope who ever got it enjoys it. Good luck.

Damn. That's a good deal man. To bad you live in GA and I'm here in MI.

As far the electric fan is concerned, can't you get a high voltage alternator? Seems like it might cost a tad more, but would be better in the long run.

I still have the car. The GM trans was in the way of what he was wanting to do. He had some nice cars though. 70 340 Demon 4 speed, a 440 Challenger RT and a Dodge Viper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back