-
Status
Not open for further replies.

m880cummins

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
This truck is on the block for sale. I'm only selling it as I am planning on a crew cab purchase. I love this truck myself but am wanting some more cab space and always am looking for more projects. If nothing happens in the next two weeks it will go on ebay....

Truck is a 1977 M880 that was an ex army parts truck that has less than 30,000 miles on the body. Truck had no front clip when I got it and body had some damage but no rust. Truck was completely torn down, frame painted with chassis black, cab floors sandblasted, floors primed cab had a lot of work done to the drip rails to make them right so they flow through really nice. Body was all painted with GCI forest green. All of the body panels close really nice (tailgate closes with one finger) and is straight. Only half of the passenger floor was replaced and that is all for rust repair on the cab. I did a ton of work making sure all surfaces were treated on both sides for rust prevention esp on the cab. Truck is rated from the factory at 1.25 tons. Truck weighs in at about 5400 lbs with no driver.

The drive train has 190,000 and is out of a 1990 W250. Engine runs excellent and has a ton of power. Engine has a NEW water pump, NEW fuel pump, NEW belt tensioner, rebuilt power steering pump with new hoses. Rebuilt WABCO vacuum pump. Pump has been tuned up (starwheel, smoke screw, governor limiter and fuel pin). IP has been resealed along with a 3200RPM spring. Exhaust manifold has been ported and port matched. It has a new take-off HX35 with a 16cm^2 exhaust housing and a Bully Dog 3" downpipe 4" straight back system and a stainless 6" tip. Custom LOKAR stainless throttle cable for silky smooth pedal operation. Getrag shifts nicely and is quiet. Has new clutch and slave cylinder. Truck had a new radiator a couple years ago. Both axles were sandblasted, disassembled, cleaned and new parts installed. I have over $1600 just in parts on the axles and receipts to show. Truck has 4.10 gears and has a rebuilt power lock in the rear. Rotors and drums resurfaced, new shoes, pads, wheel cylinders, hoses, lines, and rebuilt calipers. New U joints in rear drive shaft. Has an NP205 married transfercase that shifts smoothly and is quiet. Tires are 2000 mile BFG KM2 Mud Terrain 255/85/16 (33.3"x10") on FORD 16x7 steelies. Steering is a newer remanufactured steering box, custom built U-Joint steering wheel shaft, sway bar, NEW MOOG tie rod ends. Steering is smooth and next to zero play. Front leafs are out of a 1970 Camper special and have 7 leaves and a military wrap front spring eye. They ride smoother than a stock cummins spring and sit 1" higher than new stock cummins front springs. Rear has 7 leaf springs with helpers.

Interior has a repro floor mat with plenty of sound matting. I installed a Pioneer 760W amp with 2 6x9 Pioneer speakers and a 10" Pro Series sub which really kicks inside a small cab. You can plug an Ipod in with the cord provided since there is no radio. Has tinted glass with a tinted slider rear window. I also did a one off gauge cluster using auto meter gauges and incorporating led indicator lights. I also custom installed a blue led in the speedometer so when you turn the HIBEAM on the speedo gives off a blue tint. All wiring has been checked and rewrapped and front headlight wiring was upgraded to 14gauge with headlight relays. Headlights are really bright for old sealed beams. All electrical connections were soldered where possible. New EXIDE 1200CCA battery that will turn the beast over with no problem on a cold day. Has a new speedometer cable as well. There is a package tray and tool organizer behind the seat. I went ahead and installed new weather striping all around the cab. Inside is a beautiful black interior with PERFECT condition door panels and rare Lil Red express bucket seat frame and buddy seat along with A100 van seats. Upholstery is original and in very very nice shape!

Truck gets between 17-21 mpg between fills and has the diesel 30 gallon tank.

I believe the price is good on this truck considering what a nice 1989-1993 dodge cummins truck goes for these days. Has a tow hitch and trailer brake control and handles 8000lb trailer really nicely with plenty of power! Nothing has been overlooked on this ZERO rust M880! Look at what I have done to it and I think you can agree it is quite impressive. I'm pretty sure I have overlooked a lot but this is a large amount telling what exactly it is. I have 10,500 miles on it since rebuild and haven't had any problems. Drove to IA and back for Christmas and was a blast! Truck will go pretty much anywhere in any terrain. It is going in for inspection this Thursday that will be good until next July.

I ask $10,000. Will knock a some money off if you have: H2 16" wheels, NP205 29 spline or a rust free 8ft bed.

bedd611f.jpg

d45ab7cf.jpg

65a97cfd.jpg

a3e4b575.jpg

a146d59e.jpg

8d301188.jpg

9db64d68.jpg

931f4262.jpg

Oh my god!!! That truck is F-ing awesome! No way I can afford it right now, good luck on the sale

I really, REALLY wish I was in the market for a truck right now. This thing is EXACTLY what I am looking for, and the price is very reasonable. But such is life, as I am in no position to buy a truck right now.

Good luck with the sale. I'm sure it will get scooped up fairly quick.

Here's more pics.

A (currently) dirty undercarriage:

4ff5dc33.jpg

3f0688a6.jpg

And yes that is a 29 spline TCase that works flawlessly with no noise and runs cool. All moving parts have new clean oil. Trans has 5w30 synthetic in it.
35d19180.jpg

75af2888.jpg

Don't worry, the redish specks aren't rust just stone chips and primer showing through..
22fd1c71.jpg

AMP:

993ea42f.jpg

Receipts, maintenance record, M880 service manual:

14aead26.jpg

More pics upon request...

I really, REALLY wish I was in the market for a truck right now. This thing is EXACTLY what I am looking for, and the price is very reasonable. But such is life, as I am in no position to buy a truck right now.

Good luck with the sale. I'm sure it will get scooped up fairly quick.

Just think too, If you were in the market I would deliver it to Rhode Island for FREE!!!!

Here we go!

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid393.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fpp19%2Fdesertkart340%2FMVI_0767.mp4">

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back