1980s 318 questions

-
Generally '68 and up for the larger crank register. '72 and up I *believe* was for the part-throttle kickdown valvebody.
The part throttle kickdown is an excellent change to the valve bodies. Keeps us from going to WOT to get a downshift at lower speeds!

Well I got a 904 out of a 73 Dart, maybe it has the valve body you speak of. I hope it's gonna match up, but i thought I'd heard the 318 is internally balanced, and this torque converter looks to have a weight on it. Should I be looking for another converter, or can I take the weight off?

Some converters have weights. The "Balance" 340/360 cast crank weights are on the front of the converter. Do you have pictures?

Okaaay... first things first. What are you starting with, a V8 or slant 6 car? If it's originally a slant 6, you'll need a different transmission. It will NOT bolt up. If it's a 273/318 car, you will need to find an early style torque convertor in order to use your existing transmission (the early TCs are different from the '68 and later 904s and do not interchange). Then you will need a crankshaft hub register adapter to fit the nose of the early convertor into your late 318 crankshaft.
Hi, where do you find the crankshaft hub register adapters? I have a 73 318 in a 64 dart that had a 273. I made a temp adapter but am looking for a real replacement. The previous owner did the work and I had a vibe traced back to the tq converter hub being smaller than the crankshaft opening. Thanks

Hi, where do you find the crankshaft hub register adapters? I have a 73 318 in a 64 dart that had a 273. I made a temp adapter but am looking for a real replacement. The previous owner did the work and I had a vibe traced back to the tq converter hub being smaller than the crankshaft opening. Thanks
A quick search:
Anyone have a source for the bushing/ Adaptor for

-
Back