1st A-body

-

Gouivel

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Glad to see a forum with this level of dedication. I'm currently restoring my 1st Mopar a-body. It's a 1966 Dodge Dart Gt. As it's looking right now it's going to be a '74 318 LA .030 over, edelbrock rpm 4-bbl, 727TF 8 1/4" rear, power steering/brakes, still figuring some stuff out. Just brought it home last Sat. 6/23. Anyway, can't wait to dive into the forum and it's wealth of information, and can't wait to hear from some of you about tips, suggestions, etc. and also you're stories and experiences. Glad to be here,

Dave

Welcome Dave, it sounds like you have a good combo going for your project, and a nice little car to put it all in!! Of course we need pics to see what you're workin' with!!! Welcome again and enjoy the greatest site on the web!!! Geof

Glad to have you, Dave! Welcome to FABO. You're going to have fun here.
Gotta see 'before' and 'during' pictures. You'll find you might as well just post the pics 'cause we'll just keep asking for them.
Of course, with your being in the Van Nuys area I'm sure you know all about both Spring Fling and Fall Fling events at Woodley Park. Great show.

Welcome Dave. 1st suggestion...you don't need a 727 trans....a 904 will work just as well and won't be the weight or bulk of a 727. You have to modify your trans tunnel for a 727...904 bolts right in.

Wow, thanks so much guys! You guys are awesome. Don't have a ton of pics together at the moment but heres one. More to come!

dart.jpg

I'm the one on the left man-handling the steering wheel, lol.

Welcome Dave. 1st suggestion...you don't need a 727 trans....a 904 will work just as well and won't be the weight or bulk of a 727. You have to modify your trans tunnel for a 727...904 bolts right in.

Good to know, thanks for the info!

Glad to have you, Dave! Welcome to FABO. You're going to have fun here.
Gotta see 'before' and 'during' pictures. You'll find you might as well just post the pics 'cause we'll just keep asking for them.
Of course, with your being in the Van Nuys area I'm sure you know all about both Spring Fling and Fall Fling events at Woodley Park. Great show.

Thanks, and yes I know of the Flings. I actually worked the Spring Fling this year and will be working the Fall most likely. I work for Just Dashes out of Van Nuys if you've ever heard of us. So I work the booth (and sneak off to drool on cars, lol.) Great show.

Welcome aboard!

looks like a great car - lil to no rust and straight. most excellent! lets see some more pictures!

Welcome to FABO. Looks like you've got some fun work ahead of you.

Welcome And my advice is to run run away before you become an A Bodie junkie it's going to happen so run run before you hooked!!!!

Now that i have warned you stay and have fun.
Arco

Welcome to FABO!

You will enjoy this site. Great people and information!

Ma Snart

Attachments

• 1st Drag Race Pulling Up for Time Slip.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 156
-
Back