2 Intakes

-
What axle gears and what size of tires are you running? Not that it really matters with the intake choices at hand, more just curious. I haven’t ran a street dominator on a 360 but I would like to have on the last heavy duty truck 360 we assembled. If your EFI choice were a direct port fuel injection rail system instead of a sniper, then the single plane is more of the deciding factor. In a dry flow condition with the injectors at the port flange, the Torker 2 would probably be the best choice.

What axle gears and what size of tires are you running? Not that it really matters with the intake choices at hand, more just curious. I haven’t ran a street dominator on a 360 but I would like to have on the last heavy duty truck 360 we assembled. If your EFI choice were a direct port fuel injection rail system instead of a sniper, then the single plane is more of the deciding factor. In a dry flow condition with the injectors at the port flange, the Torker 2 would probably be the best choice.

3.21 with 32s

From everything thing I've read about the snipers the run better on single planes. Maybe a dual plane with a 2" spacer?

I'd run the Weiand with the sniper mounted directly on top. You want all the off idle torque you can muster with tall gears and tall tires.

street dominator is a flat single plane, ie 273 ish open plenum intake. May not be bad at all for a truck app. check out those skinny runners! All in at 4500?
20170213_110539.jpg
Yrs ago i had one a street build 350 street sbc 280 degree 465 lift cam 850 Thermoquad. Small mods .Great intake, Pulled like a freight train from idle -5200
Was done at 5500

Guess you are not up for changing gears or tire diameter.
Building engine for what you have.
Dual Plane. !!! Or long runner single with plenty of plenum.
Shoot for torque. Run the cam 4* advanced. Fast curve in the distributor, and shoot for vacuum. If you plan to pull, don’t compromise to race.

But before recommending a camshaft, what year of truck and is what year of engine? Is it a flat tappet or hydraulic roller cam engine?

A comp 252H would be a slight step up from stock, and would leave some midrange power on the table compared to the 256 XE. But if it’s the typical 360 with exhaust rotators and low cylinder pressure, and your towing or have it loaded most of the time, it’s probably the shelf cam I would go with. There’s an Isky towing grind that’s a step above the Mile-A-More cam that’s also a good choice. I’ll post a link if I can find it. The XE250 at the bottom of the page is also a good grind that will work with 901-16 springs and rotators.
https://www.summitracing.com/search/department/engines-components/section/camshafts-
valvetrain/make/chrysler/engine-size/5-9l-360/engine-family/mopar-small-block-la/basic-operating-rpm-range/800-4-800?N=part-type%3acamshafts_camshaft-kits%2bfilter-options%3ain-stock_vendor-in-stock

Last edited:
Isky 256 Megacam No idea on availability
Performance-Economy Supercams™ [390125] - $208.00 : ISKY Racing Cams, Do It Right
I'm saying to stay conservative with heavy truck cams based on a comp 268H having less off idle torque in a 1983 360. Great from 1500 to 5500, but not so much for the low rpm lug with 8.7:1 in the heavy weight.
308 heads, Chinese air gap, headers. Not sure on distributor curve, stock electronic ignition. I would much rather have put an XE 250 or 256 in it with the higher gearing in the NP445, even with 4.88 axle ratios.

Last edited:
Isky 256 Megacam No idea on availability
Performance-Economy Supercams™ [390125] - $208.00 : ISKY Racing Cams, Do It Right
I'm saying to stay conservative with heavy truck cams based on a comp 268H having less off idle torque in a 1983 360. Great from 1500 to 5500, but not so much for the low rpm lug with 8.7:1 in the heavy weight.
308 heads, Chinese air gap, headers. Not sure on distributor curve, stock electronic ignition. I would much rather have put an XE 250 or 256 in it with the higher gearing in the NP445, even with 4.88 axle ratios.

That’s actually their “SuperCam”
The smallest MegaCam lobe profile is the 264° advertised.

A5599D28-F752-443C-A43D-7F2C863C2900.png

Something similar in a Schneider to that Isky 256° would be:

F968C45E-7002-4AFA-8079-6A5956F6346D.png

LA Small Block Hydraulic Lifter Camshaft

-
Back