20 Inch Rims on a Dart: Check it out

-
I almost like the wheel sizes.
What I dont like is the stripe, especially with the "Mopar' in it.
I would have replicated the factory stripe minus the model nomenclature.

1.jpg

ghetto rims, check
tinted windows, check
chrome bumpers spraybombed, check
only thing missing is the chevy hood...or maybe it has it on there, and that is why they refused to show the front?

either way,

AbandonedDeterminedEgret-size_restricted.gif

View attachment 1715692830

ghetto rims, check
tinted windows, check
only thing missing is the chevy hood...or maybe it has it on there, and that is why they refused to show the front?

either way,

View attachment 1715692831
And with all that it is still a twelve-year-old-thread, that some goof ball thinks is cool. A word to help someone that needs it, if you are going to jump on a bus, understand when it left the station.
Personally, I build my own stuff the way I like it, and not search out photos of other folks builds and look for approval.

Last edited:
And with all that it is still a twelve-year-old-thread, that some goof ball thinks is cool. A word to help someone that needs it, if you are going to jump on a bus, understand when it left the station.
Personally, I build my own stuff the way I like it, and not search out photos of other folks builds and look for approval.
Build it however you want, just dont cry if we call it ugly

Hey look, it’s literally all the same people that still don’t like big wheels whining and complaining about someone else’s car. Weird.

Whoever set the car up actually did a pretty good job with fitting the wheels and getting them to look right. The 18’s in the front are only 25.1” tall, if they made that a bit closer to 26” it would look better. Rears are 27.7” so about as tall as you can go without getting crazy with the wheel tubs. Not exactly how I’d set up my car, but hey, not my car right?

best thing about wheels like that is that it only takes about 15 minutes to get them off of the car and on a For Sale Ad...

best thing about wheels like that is that it only takes about 15 minutes to get them off of the car and on a For Sale Ad...

I see your comments are about as imaginative and original as your taste in wheels…

Nothing wrong with big wheels and tires when they're put on the correct car:

1698297229050.jpeg

The rims are cool. It's the size that I don't really like. However, it's obvious the owner is proud of the car and really put some thought into it's restoration. So for that I give it respect.
I like the design of the rims. I much prefer the front ones. I think the rear ones are too deeply inset. Like you said, the owner did obviously put a lot of effort into the. I was just getting ready to say that 17" rims are the largest I like in an A Body, but @blown71duster beat me to it.
I think to keep the muscle car look ,that 17's are the biggest.That duster in the new mopar muscle nailed the look and stance right on IMO..

duster.jpg
You beat me to it. I have seen a lot of A Bodies with nice 17" rims that I really liked, but when you get bigger, the tire profile gets too 'thin' for my preference.
View attachment 1715692830

ghetto rims, check
tinted windows, check

either way,

View attachment 1715692831
I mostly agree, but I do like the front rims. In the 17" size, they would probably look fine.

I agree with post 13. But I also agree that bitching about someone else's car is stupid. I do have the right to not like their style, though. I will say at least another Mopar is still on the road and not in the scrap heap.

Every time I see a muscle car with 14” wheels wrapped in hockey pucks

If the car handles well at high speed id keep em the Mopar at the top of teh stripe is a little wonky ..I think it should be gone or centered or low but where it is looks off...I do relize its just my $.02%

Old thread, new comments.
I do like BIG tires. I don't really like the 20s, too little sidewall. I think (even back in 2008) the new thing to do was take the giant prostreet tires off, and put big wheels on the same car to give it a new look.
If that was my car.... I'd probably go to 17s on the front for big brakes, and put the prostreet 15s back on it. (Like I have on my car, lol)
(I actually like 17s on our A's and B's, and I'm an old coot)

I don't mind them, they fit the styling of the car. but really, it was his car and his money he spent, so I don't care one bit was wheels he has.

-
Back