2004 Dak 4x4 engine swap

-
Well it’s been on hold now. He went and bought a mid 2000s Chevy pick up. He paid 4 grand. He didn’t even want to spend 1/2 of that to fix the dak. Dam. Kim

The 4.7 has a propensity of dropping the valve seat into the cylinder, at least in commercial applications. Good to hear from you, oldkimmer. I know you like pictures, I'll send some of the 340 K-frame you sold me.

Well we found a 2005 4x4 Dak with a 4.7. Gonna do that swap. Not sure what to do with the 05 after the swap. Kim
I worked on a lot of those back in the day. Never saw the valve seat issue however I dealt with a bunch of overheating issues due to head gaskets/ warped heads.Service manual said to toss them if they had more than .002 warpage. Local machine shop planed them up to .008 without an issue.Is the Donor truck a running and driving truck with no issues?Not sure how comfortable you are with the timing chain system but if it were me I would be pulling the heads on the new engine and have them checked out. At the very least pull the plugs and have a look.Hate for you to go through the trouble of swapping in the engine only to find out it has issues as well.RJ

It’s a running driving truck. Kim
That’s good. Quick tip. After you get the engine out, glue or silicone the tin plate between the engine and transmission to the new block and let it cure. Make sure the dowels stay in the engine,some times they stay with the trans.That plate never seems to stay in place when installing and can be a pain trying to put back on the dowels without bending the crap out of it, potentially causing a ring gear rub after start up.Good luck and Merry Christmas.RJ

-
Back